1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Multitools anonymous

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by SeanByrdman, Mar 15, 2016.

1. SeanByrdman

SeanByrdman Loaded Pockets

So yeah..... Got two multitools within a few days..... Got a rebar because I've been hankering for an upgrade from my fuse, which is gonna go into my backpack. And today I went to bass pro because I got a gift card from a friend.... Went and bought a tinker because of this forum. And the Internet in general.

kottskrapa and c99camper like this.
  2. c99camper

c99camper Loaded Pockets

Both are great tools. The Rebar is probably my favorite multitool. It's close to the simplicity of the original PST with just enough upgrades that you're not left wanting.

The SAK I've owned the longest is a Tinker. I've had it for going on 20 years and it still gets used a lot. It sits on my desk and is the go to for many jobs I need done when at home.

3. Airborne 1

Airborne 1 Loaded Pockets

I am a gearohalic,I am powerless to stop,give me the credit card, or I Will flip the **** out !

2 Panther

Moshe ben David and SeanByrdman like this.
  4. Warfusion
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

Ha ha i have a few MTs and i only really carry my surge most of the time. I'm about to order a swiss pioneer after seeing so many sak's (no pun intended) on the forum. One thing I learned long ago about this forum, don't look at posts if you dont want to be tempted to buy gear.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

5. azaex

azaex Loaded Pockets

I've lost 2 Micras over the past 2 months. I still have a Micra on me right now. :banghead:
    Oddly enough I've never lost my Crunch, just the tiny one has been the money hole so far.

SeanByrdman likes this.
  6. polak187

polak187 Loaded Pockets

Amateur:)

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick4305 likes this.
  7. Warfusion
    • In Omnia Paratus

Warfusion Loaded Pockets

Sorry to get off topic but how do you like the Crunch haven't seen many people with it and I have been eyeing it for a few years as a second carry MT for when i need vise grips in a pinch.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

8. polak187

polak187 Loaded Pockets

I will try to answer that. I have both LM crunch and Gerber vise. Crunch feels flimsy but when clamped it feels solid. The little tools in the handle use slip joint like lock and are not really meant for heavy duty work and a blade is very short. It is a small tool but packs a punch if you really need a vise grip type pliers. You can use it as regular pliers but because the assembly of the tools is weird it will not be convenient. One thing is that vise grip is not ready when you open the tool it requires some assembly which doesn't make it so convenient to use. But I carry it everyday at work and like it.

WillAdams and Warfusion like this.
  9. SeanByrdman

Only got the fuse, rebar, piranha, solid classic, micra, and the tinker

polak187 and Warfusion like this.
  10. SeanByrdman

I keep mine on an s-Biner that is attached to a keyper threaded on my belt. And the micra and other items go in my pocket.

11. azaex

azaex Loaded Pockets

Warfusion It comes in handy in a pinch. Portable vice grips are a nice last ditch option, but I haven't found myself in too many of those scenarios tbh. On my school's Formula SAE team; most of my teammates have leathermans with the usual needlenose and they're intrigued by the fact that I have a portable vice grip; it's come more in handy there when a vice grip cannot be readily located. However, everyone always interprets it as a logic puzzle trying to figure out how the heck the thing opens and locks :rofl:

However, I will note that to me at least, it's really a dedicated vice grip. I carry them more for that. The wire cutters suck on them. I'm kind of debating trading or carrying an additional Rebar so I can snip through safety wire, bike cables, and stuff reliably. Some people see the serrated knife as a limitation, I kind of find it handy as I carry a dedicated pocket knife, but something to consider. The screwdrivers and files are also handy though, but do not open outwards. Still, when all you have available on site are wrenches and you need to clamp something hard, this can come in pretty darn handy.

SeanByrdman I do keep mine on a keyring attached to a keyper on my belt actually. What's happened twice now though is I'll take it out to snip something, go to do something else, and d'oh! done lost it again!

Last edited by azaex, Mar 29, 2016
  12. SeanByrdman

Try it in the pocket, I can take some pictures of what I've got. My keys and wallet are in the pocket too. It doesn't cause discomfort and it doesn't seem to move around a lot

countrydirt likes this.
  13. edcss

edcss Loaded Pockets

Nice collection Sean.

SeanByrdman likes this.
  14. SeanByrdman

Thanks man!

15. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

i feel you, bought a wave on impulse didnt really carry it then changed my mind. now im hooked on mts have about 8 L.mans now

16. SeanByrdman

How is the wave? I don't see myself getting it anytime soon though. I prefer the more classic styles(weird for a young guy right?) and I really don't like liner locks all that much. I see the wave and the others like it as the LM you give a friend who isn't really into knives and all but will use that tool. The outside accessible blade is a non issue since I normally have a knife in my pocket or on my belt anyhow

17. polak187

polak187 Loaded Pockets

Wave and charge are probably the best all around tools out there. I find them to be perfect size for hand fit, durable enough to do tougher job but small enough to not be a burden. Liner locks are the way to go in these days when you want secure deployment. I know you mentioned that you carry a knife so you don't want the side blade but believe me that it's such a convenience to have that blade available.

18. SeanByrdman

I don't doubt it. I gave my roommate a wingman for Christmas and it deploys decently fast. I kinda like how the older style has the blade placed though. If I'm stupid and cause lock failure, only thing it's gonna close on is the handle. I'm not sure if that was intentional when it was on the drawing board or not, but dummy proofing it for a caveman like me is good.

19. SeanByrdman

But I do also like the clip point on the wave. And good clip points in general

Warfusion likes this.