1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Multiple EDC knives: why?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by jeffm, Apr 12, 2006.

1. fyrpiper

fyrpiper Loaded Pockets

CRKT G10 Drifter and Vic Alox Cadet today...keep looking for a replacement for the Drifter but it just keeps showing back up in my pocket. It's just the perfect EDC size and blade shape.

2. mrhockey

mrhockey Loaded Pockets

Victorinox Super Tinker and a Spyderco Wave Delica or a Benchmade Nitrous Stryker every day for the last ten years.

3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Goin to the grocer's later.
    • EDCF Syperco Moonglow Manix 2 :D
    • Sunset Orange ALOX Farmer, Troublemaker Edition :D
    • Bark River Knife & Tool, Bravo 1.5 :D
    These knives make-a-me happy[​IMG]

Vesp, Fukurai and vegassprky like this.
  4. WinterKage

WinterKage Loaded Pockets

I have my Delica and a little classic that hangs on my keys with me at all times and sometimes I carry my little Honeybee for fun too. If we're ever going anywhere special I'll shove a knife or two in my jacket pockets as well because it is completely necessary to have as many knives on me as I possibly can at all times...and also because the largest thing I can fit in my pants pockets is a Paramilitary 2. >.<
    I'm pretty sure my boyfriend always has at least 4 blades on him at all times...sometimes five....we might have a little bit of a problem with knives...

Fukurai, vegassprky and Blerv like this.
  5. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

At least you shouldn't have a problem outta' your boyfriend! Not if he knows whats good for him;)

6. Mateo4183

Mateo4183 Loaded Pockets

2. 3. 4. Who's counting? I carry what I think I'll need for the day. At the very least I always have a full-size Leatherman and an EDC folder. If I get the Matriarch2 I put on my Christmas list, I'll carry that on the outside knife loops on my Skinth OG at all times too. I have a Spydie Assist that I carry in my truck for emergencies, and carry on my person when I'm on call with the SAR team I'm a Probie with.

Matt130 and Fukurai like this.
  7. Matt130
    • In Omnia Paratus

Matt130 Loaded Pockets

Okay, I am revising what I carry. I am retiring my Benchmade Onslaught because it is a first production and I would like to keep as new as possible. I recently purchased a Benchmade 860 Bedlam which will be taking its place. I will carry the Bedlam in my right front pocket (this is a defensive knife, always carried, seldom used). I will also have some kind of utility knife on me at all times, which I carry in my left pocket, lately it has been my new SAK Alox cadet, but I just started carrying a GEC Bull Nose. So I will always have a minimum of two on me, but sometimes if I am wearing cargo pants or something with more pockets my BM940 will sneak in there somewhere. :eek:

8. ModrnDayMcGyver

ModrnDayMcGyver Loaded Pockets

I usually carry two knives when I don't want to freak people out by whipping out a 4in. Blade.

9. jon1all

jon1all Loaded Pockets

I usually have 3 knives on my person on a typical day--if you count the blade on my Leatherman Juice S2 (I don't really carry the Juice for the knife but rather the tools, it just happens to have the blade too).

My other knives I carry daily are:

Spyderco Para Military2
    Spyderco Dragonfly2 G10 (or a Buck Vantage Pro Small or a Kershaw Chill)

The PM2 is my all time fav knife & I just can't stand to leave the house without it (actually I have 3 of them that I rotate--looking for a 4th). The PM2 is my main "go to" knife most anywhere but work (or places where I feel non-knife folks might be alarmed by me whipping out the PM2). For a smaller knife, I rotate the DF2/Vantage Pro/Chill because they grab less attention and are good at work or wherever/whenever I deem necessary. That said, I have a Spydie Chaparral under the Christmas tree right now so it will then also get rotated (quite frequently I am guessing) into the small knife position. :)

10. mlehto

mlehto Loaded Pockets

I just picked up a SAK ALOX Classic, so I can keep it in my pocket, with my main blade clipped in the same pocket.

Gives me the oprion to use both depending on circumstance, or leave the larger blade in the car depending on where I am going.

11. trickcarey

trickcarey EDC Junkie!!!!!

For the past few weeks I've been carrying my normal EDC knife (Tenacious or now the Sanremu) along with a SAK, but now from receiving my Boker Gnome in the gift exchange (woot!!) I'll be carrying that as well. I took it off the ball chain and put it in the 5th jeans pocket, and it is a perfect fit. If you angle it just right, the knife comes right out of the sheath, while the sheath stays in the pocket,then easy back into the sheath when you're done. I'm going to use this for a while, but I'm going to look into getting a clip for the gnome and carrying it horizontally on my belt.

12. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Going to my cousins for dinner & party...two Alox & two folders:)

defuse kit likes this.
  13. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

I wonder if I can get away with carving the Christmas ham with my Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri...

ChrisJ and GrayMouser like this.
  14. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

I'd lettcha:D I mean, whose gonna argue with that?!

defuse kit likes this.
  15. stax
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

Just two? Only in the shower.

Aleister and SAKplumber like this.
  16. Jacob Rothers

Jacob Rothers Loaded Pockets

17. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

NeverAnonymous Loaded Pockets

I always carry a Spyderco Dragonfly 2 as my backup/handout blade, and ether a spyderco sage 1, sage 2 (soon to carry project moon-glow!), delica 4 FFG grey, or a benchmade mini barrage. If I'm at work, I'll have 3 or 4 on me. A big (think endura or SMF size), a medium (delica sized), and small (DF size), and a serrated OR utility knife.

stax likes this.
  18. MedicX

MedicX Loaded Pockets

I had been carrying one of my Para 2's until I sold my all black one. Kept my Digicam and satin blade. I usually always carry my fully serrated Spyderco Atlantic Salt, especially at work.
    But ever since my birthday on November 11, I have been carrying a lefty Emerson CQC 7 BW BTS, and just got a Mini Commander to go in the right front pocket.
    Then, there is always a backup blade in each of my bags along with a Leatherman on each bag as well.

19. dekandhisguitar

dekandhisguitar Loaded Pockets

Primary: Spyderco Paramilitary 2
    Secondary: Opinel No 9
    Tertiary: Blade on my Leatherman Micra

20. mwoj

mwoj Loaded Pockets

Primary: Panther
    Secondary: Opinel N˚6 or Vic Super Tinker or App. Trail knife