1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Multi tool for beginner?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Ryan9977, Nov 15, 2015.

1. TheGremlin

TheGremlin Loaded Pockets

Get a wave and don't look back. I have been carrying one for a few years now, and for me it's just the perfect tool. I had a few different ones when I got it, and I've bought a few different ones since, and this one just can't be beat. Maybe someday I'll get a charge tti, but for right now that seems a little spendy for me (especially since I've dropped close to $250 on knives in recent months).

Sent from an alternate dimension using Tapatalk

2. TheGremlin

TheGremlin Loaded Pockets

Edited due to double post.

But since I'm here, I feel the need to mention that I do carry a rebar for work. A great value at its current price. No scissors though, which is why I didn't mention it in my first post.

Sent from an alternate dimension using Tapatalk

3. Anyday Carry

Anyday Carry Loaded Pockets

I recommend a wave, but only if you don't mind the smaller, thumb operated scissors. Otherwise get a surge. They're both leatherman btw

4. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Anything from Leatherman is going to be good quality. SOG also makes good tools, but they're not as polished and the tools aren't always as well done as Leatherman (the file, for instance, is not as sharply cut) but components can be replaced if broken and the multi-tools can be modified without voiding the warranty)

5. MMMadson

MMMadson Loaded Pockets

Leatherman Wingman is the way to go. I have one and I use it every day at work. It's a great multitool.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Redneck Bear likes this.
  6. madkins007

madkins007 Loaded Pockets

+1 for the under-appreciated Juice series. I'm another multi-tool junkie and have a stack of them, but the Juice is the one I carry ALL THE TIME. I made a simple leather pouch for my back pocket that holds the Juice and my comb, or I can swap it with my Skeletool, extension bit, and a couple of the racks of bits for work.

I love the Juice since it fits a great niche. It has nearly full-sized pliers, knife, and scissors but is not much larger than a mid-sized Swiss army knife. It could even be carried on a keychain... if you don't mind slightly oversized keychains.

7. Brendon

Brendon Loaded Pockets

You can get a Leatherman Rev for around $20. Great entry-level multi-tool.