1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Multi Pens....Sharbo X LT3 Opinions

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by race2c, Oct 13, 2014.

1. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

Hi EDC,

I am looking at picking up a new pen/pencil, and thinking about taking a jump to a multipen. My current line-up is Rite in the Rain ballpoint, Precise V5rt, and a generic 0.5/0.7mm pencil. I also have a Retro 51 Hex-O-Matic pen/pencil set, but those commonly get left in the office.

My thoughts are something along the lines of a Sharbo X LT3 with a black gel ink, red gel ink, 0.7mm pencil.

My want list:
    • Pen that has the potential to write in rain/water (e.g. similar to rite in rain)
    • Pen that is gel ink (e.g. similar to V5RT)
    • Pencil can be either (prefer 0.7mm)
    • Multi-pen design in black, matte, nothing fancy
    Any thoughts, comments or suggestions are appreciated.

2. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

With the right refills, your want list is easily satisfied by the Sharbo. The color might be a problem, though. There's shiny black and matte grey, but I've never seen one in matte black. But who knows, Google around and you may find one. Good luck with the hunt!

3. bullet08

bullet08 Loaded Pockets

my 10 yr old has Sharbo X thing. he loves it. i've been using it now and then to go over his homework and what not, they have nice weight, and writes smoothly. but the pen isn't all that robust. he dropped it few times and it has dent all over it, and the paints are chipping.

4. Dave613

Dave613 Loaded Pockets

Own the Sharbo X LT3 in satin black. It's a good design, very flexible in that you can put in various colour refills (takes any D1 refill) and .3, .5 or .7mm leads. D1 gel refills do not last very long at all, there is a reason Zebra sell a little refill case. Body is painted brass, paint is tough but will come off if dropped on concrete etc., ask me how I know... Remember is sold as a body with no refills, they will be additional cost. It's pricey but nice. I don't know of a pressurised/write in the rain etc refill, maybe ballpoint ones will work - or just use the pencil? There are reviews at Jetpens.

Dave.

5. race2c

race2c Loaded Pockets

I have been looking at the Uni Style Fit and Pilot Hi-Tec-C Coleto too.

These two are coming up more and more in my searches, and considering they are bit less with similar qualities as the Sharbo....they are becoming bigger into the selection pool.