1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

MTFatboy's Gear Thread

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by MTFatboy, May 3, 2014.

1. GiraffeHooves

GiraffeHooves EDC Junkie!!!!!

You're doing a good job on both projects! I really like your sheath idea. Is it OK if I copy your idea similar to it?

Nekolf, Gallows, johnny five and 3 others like this.
  2. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

Of course! (It's not really the sort of idea I could claim ownership of even if I wanted to :)). We all love seeing pics of your leatherwork--can't wait to see what you make.

3. GiraffeHooves

GiraffeHooves EDC Junkie!!!!!

I appreciate it! I ask because I don't want to take credit for your awesome design. :) Thank you very much!

4. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

I finally got around to modding my eng1nerd Prangler! I ran out of mapp gas before I got to the hues I was going for, but it didn't take me long to decide I'm happy with what I got. Don't look too closely at the rounded corners; I didn't get them perfectly symmetrical. I've never heat-anodized Titanium before, but I think I'll do it again some time. I wonder how the wife would feel if I torched my wedding ring...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a fantastic little tool, eng1nerd! Thanks for making enough to share with the class!

5. Unagi42
    • In Omnia Paratus

Unagi42 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Looks fantastic buddy! Even with rounded edges it still prys fine doesn't it? Got me thinking about anodising now & BobsBargains was thinking the same...

6. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

It prys better than fine! This has a finer "edge" than any other prybar I've owned.

EDIT the purple is already starting to wear off, but I like the dark bronze tones it's leaving behind.

7. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

My favorite hunting rifle isn't EDC. I carry it for one purpose, which I don't get to do nearly as often as I'd like. I found a use for it today, though.
    [​IMG]

Needed in another thread:

[​IMG]

8. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

You probably just doubled the value Steel Flame style..... congrats!

xbanker and MTFatboy like this.
  9. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

What the heck. Go ahead and put a round through the GITD Manix 2XL too. Would make a nice matched set.

10. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

I'm not quite sure I see the connection. A bullet hole adds character to a coin. Shattered scales and a ruined frame don't do much for a knife. That manix 2 xl hasn't made it into my EDC rotation, but I like it for outdoor food prep.

11. johnny five

johnny five Loaded Pockets

Good shooting brother.

Mumbojumboo and MTFatboy like this.
  12. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

It's taken me quite a while to dig out my camera and post this, but I'm loving the lanyard of goodies donated to the GAW by Stormdrane!
    [​IMG]

While I'm nowhere near as accomplished as Stormdrane is, I'm not a complete stranger to ropecraft. My grandfather spent both the roaring twenties and the great depression on a remote and dirt-poor ranch in southern Wyoming braiding his own calf ropes from rawhide. He kept up braiding as a pastime for most of his life (at 99 he no longer has the eyes or hands for it), and around three decades ago, he taught me. I've been tinkering with ropecraft and knot work ever since. I think I could duplicate the middle section using eight strands, but how the heck Stormdrane did it with only two strands leading in and out is puzzle to me, one I'm sure I'll spend some hours this summer trying to learn. What's almost more impressive is the black band on the whistle. It's an itty-bitty double-pass turk's head from a really thin cord done so fine my camera can't pick out the individual bights and leads. I also didn't know the trick about using a safety pin to keep a P-38 closed before this, and who doesn't want a free P-38, for that matter. Tons of win, and I hope no one takes my slowness to post as lack of gratitude or enthusiasm for Stormdrane's great donation. This is awesome.

Stormdrane, swany66675 and Nekolf like this.
  13. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

Glad you like the lanyard. Here's a link to my YouTube video tutorial for making the spool knit lanyard. :)

The Albino Yeti, Nekolf and MTFatboy like this.
  14. MTFatboy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

MTFatboy Loaded Pockets

Thanks! A new pattern to learn...