1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

MR Close Out Sale

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by WISluggo, Jan 17, 2017.

1. WISluggo

WISluggo Loaded Pockets

MR has 3DAPs on sale for $260 and the flip for $99. Get the old design while you can.

dwong likes this.
  2. Bobby Leang

Bobby Leang Loaded Pockets

Good looking out! Too bad they've been out of M/L Blacks for a while now.

3. TacticoolMike

TacticoolMike Loaded Pockets

That is a great deal for the 3dap. Sadly, MR is finally, truly, dead to me. Every pack line but the Military line is now made overseas. I just can't do it anymore......It is truly the end of an Era with the termination of the old 3dap........

Darrel S. Jarvis likes this.
  4. Caleb

Caleb Loaded Pockets

I'm still seeing the flip for $199 but the only colors that are available are the black and coyote. I guess they sold off all of the other colors. I hope they don't quit making that pack before I get ready to buy one.

5. suburbDad

suburbDad Loaded Pockets

Would've been a great deal

6. NIB

NIB Loaded Pockets

This sucks in so many ways, I have some major car repairs to do this week.

7. Caleb

Caleb Loaded Pockets

I know. I wish I had a good excuse....I'm just broke. I was looking hard at the flip and a couple of Tom Bihn's bags.

8. Darrel S. Jarvis

Darrel S. Jarvis Loaded Pockets

I pretty much have the exact same feelings as you on the subject of Mystery Ranch. I think they're going the way of all the big brands like Arcteryx etc that offshored their whole company. I don't care what excuses a company makes for doing it, at the end of the day, they care more about profit than quality. That's my two cents anyway. Sad indeed.

9. Caleb

Caleb Loaded Pockets

Not trying to defend Mystery Ranch, but I guess i am, maybe I'm just trying to stay positive....but they did just land another big round of military contracts and are releasing some more made in USA designs for those contracts. I can kind of see things from their business prospective but I do feel like they have pretty much turned their back on the hunting crowd and just kept the line going just because. It's no longer a Kifaru vs Mystery Ranch thing...It's Kifaru, Stone Glacier, EXO and Mystery Ranch has basically been dropped as one of the best options. It's sad because that market actually had a lot to do with building the reputation of the brand and they just ended up getting rid of many of the popular designs and redesigned what they had to conform more to what's becoming trendy. They are not yet dead to me but the way I see them now, is they have the high price of a premium pack but lack the availability of in demand products of a more commercial brand. Hard to see the upside in what they've been doing for the last couple of years. I'm just mad because I never got my hands on a Dragon Slayer with the X frame, which from what I could tell, everyone loved. Would have been perfect for me and day hunts.

10. WISluggo

WISluggo Loaded Pockets

You have to go to the closeout section of the webpage. They are still there along with a whole bunch of 3DAPs for sale
    http://www.mysteryranch.com/co-kletterwerks-flip-pack

11. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I grabbed a few Booty Bags but anything else I tried for was already gone,I think.
    The site is a little confusing,why are sold out models listed at all?

12. CKP

CKP Empty Pockets

I just picked up the black and foliage MR 3DAP....can't wait.

13. Tenfooterpipi

Tenfooterpipi Loaded Pockets

Well, long time lurker, and also an avid fan of MR, great call on the closeout, Luggo. Having already own a 3DAP with the Stick and LiveWing attachment, an ASAP, Overload with the Lid, I must say the only thing I did buy was the HotShot 2L for my Geigerrig and the Kletterwerks Tube to use as a dopp kit or something to hold and organize my camping gear. I wanted to buy any bootybag, but I like the Prometheousworkx version better, made of the same fabric, they don't possess the padded back and can be rolled up easily at the bottom of any pack, to bad they sold out, so I'm waiting on a restock.

For those who haven't acquired, this is a great time to get the 3DAP, it might not be built here, but is still is the premier pack to get before the redesign kicks in. And also, like some fellow posters, I regret that some of the features that made the 3DAP a beautiful workhorse to own have not been kept. And although this decision probably haven't been made lightly, I understand that some compromises had to be made from a financial standpoint view, I mean how many of us have bought or let alone have the income to purchase repeatably direct from MR? I have. Few of us have, but that's just very few of us, and I could see the desire to grow from a very small, but very appreciate folks out there the whole world. Is no secret, outsource, and all the big companies have made that move, and MR is no different. I'm very glad, and fortunate to have bought these items when they still have been made here, and very appreciate of their past and future efforts to keep the line alive.

Which brings me to the next point...anyone got the new ASAP with internal straps inside? I might be tempted to upgrade.....and I do miss the old belt pockets....the one thing my MR Overload is missing...if thought I Granite Gear Gear Loops were major headache to get, wait till you see the uphill battle on these one...no wait...I see a Stick It with $125 bidding...and I have been snooping around Ebay....scalpers.....sigh.....

#13 Tenfooterpipi, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  14. Bobby Leang

The 3DAPs are still made in the US; they just use "imported foreign materials" starting around 2014-2015.

Since 2015, I noticed on the black 3DAPs that they stopped using foliage contrast pulls and used black pulls instead; and compared to my 2012, it feels lighter and the velcro loop on the spadelock doesn't have that bite to break the bond.

I'm itching on getting a Foliage myself... but M/L is too big and S is too small (short fat guy).

15. Caleb

Caleb Loaded Pockets

Did they quit making them Berry Compliant. I thought they were Berry Compliant right up until they disappeared. That would mean that they aren't using imported components and assembling them in the US.

16. Bobby Leang

I know for a fact, the labels on the 3DAP that I ordered the end of last year says that they're Made in USA; and the site says they're still Berry Compliant. I think once "this model" goes, they're going to move to the 3DAP BVS models with 3-rows of Molle, more streamline, and eliminated pass-through. I'm pretty sure they're still going to be Made in the US unless they want a bunch of crazy edc enthusiasts screaming bloody murder at them in every social forum imaginable. (I wasn't a fan of the BVS one that I ordered and traded for a Kifaru X-Ray)

17. NIB

NIB Loaded Pockets

I'm not even sure Berry Compliant means what means anymore. I know there is military equipment that is assempled with foreign made parts. I know for a fact because I know the guy who was sent overseas to China to train them how to make said parts.

18. Caleb

Caleb Loaded Pockets

To be Berry Amendment compliant, the bags have to be made completely of U.S. sourced materials, in the U.S. If the MR site lists them as Berry Compliant, there will not be any foreign materials. Berry Compliant also refers to times of war, so there are lots of general issue items made overseas.

19. Caleb

Caleb Loaded Pockets

Also, under the rules of the federal trade commission, manufacturers have to disclose whether they are making things here, but getting the materials elsewhere. That's why with companies like Danner and Redwing you have an assortment of tags such as "Assembled in USA", "Assembled in USA with foreign and domestic components", "Assembled in USA from foreign components", and "Made in China". I read somewhere that under these guidelines you can put "made in the USA" on something that at least 95% of the materials are domestic. It's a funny game full of clever players.

20. dwong

dwong Loaded Pockets

happy with my old 3DAP, don't need another...but the crewcab looks so nice in the right color/size. LOL