1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Mr. Bright5ide's urban EDC rotation system & hidden features!!

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by Mr. Bright5ide, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Mr. Bright5ide

Mr. Bright5ide Loaded Pockets

Hi ladies & gents; dudes & dudettes,

I wanted to follow-up my previous post (which you can view here: http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/80765-Mr.-Bright5ide-s-urban-EDC) with a new thread to demonstrate some of the rotation options I use for certain items in my EDC as well as a few slight tweaks & "hidden features."

So, w/o further ado, here's what my current EDC might look like on any given day:

[​IMG]

The ROTATION SYSTEM -- Items that I regularly rotate with each other on a day-to-day basis in their respective categories:

[​IMG]

The "HIDDEN FEATURES"!! xD -- Items in my EDC that you most probably would not notice at first glance or w/o me showing you:

[​IMG]

Item list & thoughts:

> Knives: Kershaw Scallion 1620H3, SOG Twitch II
    > Oakley sunglasses (in order from top to bottom in 2nd pic): Pit Boss, Titanium Spikes, Probations, Antix
    > Pens: Pilot Frixion, Compellent 1GB USB pen
    > Cellphone - LG Optimus V
    > iPod touch 32GB 3rd gen + JVC Gumy headphones
    > Condom (stored behind iPod cover)
    > Fossil wallet
    > Fossil watch
    > Keychain items: Oakley carabiner, Swiss+Tech Utili-Key, Photon Micro-Light LED Flashlight, 4GB USB drive

As I'm sure most of you may have noticed I am no longer EDCing my Leatherman Xe6 multi-tool. I found that I was rarely using it anymore in everyday life & I do tend to lean more towards a minimalist approach (as you can probably tell) so I decided to drop the extra weight. Ever since then my Swiss Tech Utili-Key has become far more useful & has actually started seeing some use. And if I know I that I am going to be needing a multi-tool throughout the day I now grab my Leatherman Wave instead.

My latest (& greatest!) acquisition here would be my Oakley PIT BOSS sunglasses (The only pair in the 1st pic & 1st from the top in the 2nd pic). I cannot tell you just how awesome really they are -- truly the pinnacle of ultimate eyewear. If any of you are debating getting these trust me, they are RAW!! They absolutely have Mr. Bright5ide's stamp of approval.

Another upgrade was the Android LG cellphone I got on Virgin Mobile's $25 a month plan with unlimited text, web, & 300 mins of talk. The phone itself was $150 from Best Buy. For that price I really don't have much I can hold against this phone. This is currently the very best deal on a smartphone that I am aware of -- it even has a GPS! The battery life is the only letdown IMO -- approximately 1-2 days with "average use" from my experience (Better have your charger handy if you're going to use the GPS though -- you can literally see the battery bar going down by the second). Other than that, if you're considering a new smartphone w/o the premium pricetag, I would recommend it.

And that's about it for now, thank you for checking out my thread, & I wish us all success in our pursuits for the perfect EDC xD

2. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Nice collection of shades ,)

BE WELL .. GH

3. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Cool.... love your Trojan hiding place too!

4. Mr. Bright5ide

Thanks GH, happened to come across your sunglass post in another thread & I like those Michael Kors you were rocking!

Thanks! Took me a while to figure out the best spot for them. I used to stash them in Ice Breakers & Altoids tins but for obvious reasons they were too vulnerable to being "found" by the wrong people at the wrong times. Another issue is I wouldn't always have them on me since I like to carry light. Since I am never anywhere w/o my music this has turned out to be the perfect spot. Only drawback might be that there's just enough room for only one so I do still have the odd Ice Breaker container placed in a few strategic locations.

5. DrChimRichalds
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

I love that Kershaw 1620H3X...I lost that exact same knife. I replaced it with a regular Scallion 1620...It's just not the same.

6. lchoke

lchoke Empty Pockets

Thanks! Took me a while to figure out the best spot for them. I used to stash them in Ice Breakers & Altoids tins but for obvious reasons they were too vulnerable to being "found" by the wrong people at the wrong times. Another issue is I wouldn't always have them on me since I like to carry light. Since I am never anywhere w/o my music this has turned out to be the perfect spot. Only drawback might be that there's just enough room for only one so I do still have the odd Ice Breaker container placed in a few strategic locations.[/QUOTE]

How Often are you going to need more than one at a time?

7. Mr. Bright5ide

Totally agree! For me there's just that coolness factor about the H3 version that I totally dig! Also, the black pocket clip is perfect for the black pants I wear at work so it's nice and discrete. The single thing that I would have liked different on it would be a tip-up carry clip as I am so used to that carry orientation but for this sweet little blade I have no problem making an exception.

Always want to have a back-up pal, the packages on these things are not indestructible and can break (it's happened to me before), & then there's the possibility that it could rip, puncture, or get torn that would pretty much render it totally useless. This isn't sex ed or anything but believe me -- this is something that you don't EVER want to take chances on.

Always want to think ahead & prepare accordingly. That way, when things don't go according plan (when do they ever?) -- you'll be ready!