1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

MPB Multi Purpose Bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by stripedsnake, Jan 1, 2012.

1. stripedsnake

stripedsnake Loaded Pockets

Looking for someone that can attest to size of laptop fit inside this bag. I have a Unibody 15" Apple Macbook Pro and like this bag over the 5.11 offering just because of the padded material and better organization.

The laptop is 14.35 inches wide. Maxped site says the interior of the bag is 14 inches. Is it stiff to the point that the laptop wont fit for the .35 of an inch?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

It looks to be a pretty large bag. At that size I would think there would be some flexibility of material. At the very least it would fit diagonally. Not ideal, but still functional.

However, that is a very popular laptop. I am sure there are some other decent bags out there designed to carry it. I'd keep looking.

3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm sorry, Keymaster, but I can't read your reply without doing it in his(Rick Moranas) voice as the keymaster in Ghostbusters.

4. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't have it any other way.

5. stripedsnake

Just started looking at your thread on the Maratac Mid-Range bag. Liking the look of it, functionality is slightly lacking but with the amount of Molle, I can fit enough pouches to make up for that. Just wish there was a few more pockets on it.

Wish there was a company that made bags custom order for size and purpose and didn't charge an arm and a leg for them...

6. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

If you are interested in something similar, check out the earlier model called the Maratac Force Multiplier. It was bigger and would hold your computer. I'll bet you could track down a used one from someone on the forum. There's a review of it on militarymorons.

7. jwhite75

jwhite75 Loaded Pockets

Pay the little extra and get the XXL version. My buddy has one and loves it.

8. stripedsnake

@keymaster - I'd prefer new, i know they are meant to last forever, but going used means that whoever had it before already has time into its lifespan - and I did look at that bag - shame they discontinued it. I'm spec'ing out some molle pouches now to see if they would work for me.

@jwite75 XXL - I have a feeling will be too large. And the extra expense for a bag that's just a bit larger is ridiculous. Maxpedition stuff is already overpriced.

9. stripedsnake

So I know this is digging up the dead... But I scored the last Maratac force multiplayer they had in stock. And I must say, it fits everything and then some. Sad they stopped making it for others. Very happy with it.

10. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

My vote goes to Maxped Operator Tactical Attache.... It holds 15,4" laptop easy, so it wouldn't be a problem...

11. keymaster

keymaster Loaded Pockets

I prefer a 13" MacBook Pro for edc. It fits perfectly inside my Maratac Mid Range bag. The bag is great for work and road trips. I have been using this set up every day for a little over a year now. It is built to last.