1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Motorcycle carry?

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Kritter, Apr 12, 2009.

1. stargazin

stargazin Loaded Pockets

How about this one, http://www.aerostich.com/packing-it-in/shoulder-bags-backpacks-and-hip-packs/backpacks/black-diamond-collapsible-hip-back-pack.html

2. sealarson

sealarson Empty Pockets

Stika

I wear a Sitka. It doesn't flop around in the wind at all, holds all my stuff, and I barely notice that it is there. It's also easy to get on and off even while wearing a full face hemlet.

3. Neo9710

Neo9710 Loaded Pockets

I have a Maxpedition Gearslinger. But it really depends on what your are carrying and wearing. I wear a leather jacket (no matter how hot it is) when I ride. This fits me perfect. It only has one strap and that enables me to manipulate the bag while on the bike. I usually have a change of clothes in there, wallet, flashlights, First Aid kit...crap like that..I put on a Milspec Monkey pouch on the front for quick grab stuff. Im able to strap it close to my body so it doesnt fly around..I also ride a sportbike which really makes a difference. I have a Rush 24 Backpack for the need to carry a lot of stuff.

I should do a review...Maybe...

4. hksigman

hksigman Empty Pockets

i used a jumbo after i broke my leg to carry my gun and my fold-up cane while riding my hd deluxe with no issues what so ever of it "flopping" around and at the time i had 18" apes on my hd.

still interested in hearing how others carry while riding? I usually carry IWB at the 4 oclock position. shirt blows up or jacket gets "hung up" on it.
    i carry ankle occassionally but sacrificing firepower for concealability isnt something i like doing...

5. rocketdog

rocketdog Loaded Pockets

motorcycle carry

Google "Harley Teardrop Toolbox." This is what came on Harleys back in the 40s & 50s. Metal, lockable, and authentic to the brand, although I'm not sure if they can be fitted to a Sportster.

[​IMG]

Of course, I have hard bags on my Road King and carry everything but the kitchen sink.

6. Trunkmonkey

Trunkmonkey Loaded Pockets

Ive used a MaxP Jumbo for years with no complaints... started on a Sportster and now ride a Softail Custom.. Of course I have a swing arm bag (which carries my tool pouch, water, survival stuff, etc...) and a bag that attaches to my sissy bar if I need extra storage.

7. Moonduck

Moonduck Loaded Pockets

My cousin uses a Maxped bag similar to the MOAB 10 for his EDC. His is a bit bigger than the MOAB 10, and he was complaining about it. As a result, he's buying my MOAB 10 off of me and using it instead. He wears his strapped across his back like normal for short rides, but when he is heading out on longer runs, he's got three grimloks on the front of his bag and straps it to the rear seat with the straps running through the grimloks. Pretty ingenious IMO, as it means the pack will absolutely not slide off the back of the bike.

8. DustyTrail

DustyTrail Empty Pockets

Interesting thread. My current set-up is Ortlieb panners and either an LAPG bail out bag or a Mountainsmith Day Pack stuffed into one side of the bags and rain suit, cable lock and whatever liners my jacket needs in the other. Whats cool about the Ortliebs is absolutly bombproof toughness and no extra raincovers needed. I ride a Buell XB Lightning. What I found is trying to buy a rack for this bike was almost nonexistent. Kind of depressing actually- no American company showing any love for an American made bike, not even Harley. An Aussie company does make the Ventura system for this model but a little to spendy for me at this point in time. Besides that I've seen pictures of the system mounted on my bike and I thought it looked fugley. Anyway this is only my second post here but I gotta say I love this site- so much good info.

9. Letrow

Letrow Loaded Pockets

I hate wearing things while on the bike. My idea is that if you fall and land on your back a rucksack or something similar is going to hurt you (unless it covers your whole back with equal pressure). So, I have bought a a small case that holds my stuff. Under my saddle (there isn't much space) I keep an old Leatherman just in case.