1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

More usps bitching

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by twoisone, Jul 10, 2018.

1. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

I know, more bitching. I’ve had a piece from Rick Hinderer destined for Canada come and go four times now from Chicago in the last month. I phone to talk and they tell me one hour and forty minutes to talk with a person. :censored:? Is there any way out of this crap?

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Use DHL, UPS, or FedEx

USPS is amazingly messed up. I watch Priority Mail (via tracking to see where the hell my package is!) shuttled even locally between Post Office locations and chew up days... no logic. The concept of supply chain seems not to have penetrated with them.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

3. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I've had more issues with UPS than USPS. On more than one occasion product has been delivered to a different house than mine and on one occasion a BLOCK away. Of course, UPS SHOWED it as delivered. It got to be frequent enough that my wife & I would wander down the street with a flashlight looking for the MIA package. I've also had more issues with product damage from UPS than USPS and USPS has been relatively reliable on tracking, although nowhere near perfect. As far as getting a live person on the phone with either, forget about it happening in a reasonable amount of time.

4. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I guess that sorta leaves FedEx and DHL in the running... ;)

Let's be honest. All of them have issues.

This is one reason why when I can -- which means Amazon -- I have them drop at one of the locker places they've set up at supermarkets, etc. Supermarket for me is actually within walking distance and open until midnight. Amazon's implementation both tells me when package was left, which 'locker', security code, AND informs me when package was 'picked up' from locker. I think it is very well executed and thought out!

Just for a comparison, although I live in a single family suburban home, there was a time a few years ago when I was on the road a lot. So I rented a PO Box at my local Post Office. Nothing but trouble. Some things they would not redirect from my street address to the PO Box - even though my name and signature were on file to enable that. Some packages they would not put in PO Box; and could only be retrieved during business hours. PO Box was cancelled in short order. Just wasn't worth it. Arranged with neighbor to help me out...

The interesting thing is that in the early days of e-commerce, there was actually substantial discussion about how to reliably handle the 'last mile'. There was active discussion from many quarters about having secured locker locations. Seems only recently this has become more evident and available, at least with Amazon.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

5. garza

garza Loaded Pockets

USPS Informed Delivery has problems such as not scanning all mail to be delivered and rarely listing packages to be delivered.

7-11 which is open 24 hours has Amazon lockers.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  6. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I can relate. I was recently anxiously tracking an HDS flashlight.

- Online it says “Delivered”, so I ran outside to find an empty mailbox.
    - So I look at the delivery details and its states “given to individual”. I was home at the time of supposed delivery and there was no knock. My wife is the only other person at my resident and she didn’t get it.
    - After calling the general USPS customer service line and only getting a robot, I call my specific USPS office. I get put on hold twice while the person tries to get information.
    - After about 30 minutes on hold, I decide to check the mailbox again. It is in the mailbox.

I also had a Christmas card arrive a year late. I thanked my Aunt for her card, only to be told she hadn’t sent them out “this year”. Checked the postmark and found out it was from the yearbefore.

Unfortunately, I’ve had just as bad of luck with UPS. They delivered a new knife to the house two doors down.