1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

More than just an EDCC bag

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by allotabass, Sep 19, 2010.

1. allotabass

allotabass Loaded Pockets

I am a touring musician and I have seen my share of mishaps when someone forgot to bring "that thing". I had enough of it so I designed my touring rig to encompass all my EDC in one place includeing my amp and speaker cab. One case and I'm in and out. It even has battery back-up in case the lights go out.....which happens. With enough MRE's to feed my three piece band and take care of any booboos.
    I have become a hero.
    Mostly all MaxPed gear. No pics of whats inside but you can figure it out. I even have a 'secret' compartment for my CCW. I tried for almost a year to find someone to make me a tactical gig bag for my bass so I didn't have to design this case. I had to settle for an off the rack bag. You'd be surprised at how many people did not want to take my money.
    What used to be hundreds of pounds of gear, misc bags and milk crates full of unorganized junk now weighs in at around 90lbs and it's on wheels with a luggage handle. I love it. The older I get the gear is weighing less and it's better quality.

[​IMG]

All the pouches on PALS inserts which are afixed to velcro on the iside of the lid. As far as solving alot of headaches, it's already paid for itself.
    My main bag is the Maxpedition Typhoon with various MaxPed add-ons.

Sorry I didn't mean EDCC.

2. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

WOO-HA ! In my 35 years of Live Tech Work I've never seen a more AWESOME Road Case !
    This image is going in a special file of 'The Best EDC ever' ! Thanks so much for your post (^;

BE WELL .. GH

3. Silver Trooper

Silver Trooper Loaded Pockets

I am not worthy...I bow before you sir! Now where is that Hardigg case of mine....? HHMMMMMMMMM?

4. Heavy_Hog

Heavy_Hog Loaded Pockets

Wow. That's epic!

Thanks for sharing!

5. allotabass

I actually got a lot of ideas from lurking around this site for a few years.....I just never had a way to impliment it. I always liked to keep things organized but when I realized that I was lagging in my ability to get to the gig and get out quick, plus finding the right item that someone always seemed to need, was a major hastle.
    Although I would have prefered a tactical gig bag instead of this case, the weight of the bag would have been too much. This way I can load in with one trip before everyone else decides what to do first.
    I'm drinking a beer in under two minutes.

6. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

WOW ! I just noticed the Rope Light installed in the lid ! Is it AC or DC ? Both ? Cool !

BE WELL .. GH

7. tonester

tonester Loaded Pockets

man does that bring back memories. ive been on a couple of tours myself. nice set up man.

8. Polygeist

Polygeist Loaded Pockets

That is a very legitimate case you have there. I love the implementation of the velcro inserts on the lid. Looks like a great way to keep the little stuff out of the way and organized. Being able to pack everything you need in one box is always nice.

9. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Now that is nice. Cool.

10. wonderingson

wonderingson Empty Pockets

that is dope.

11. firemedic183

firemedic183 Loaded Pockets

I LOVE your "Try burning this one" American Flag patch....WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?

12. Turtle75

Turtle75 Loaded Pockets

Wow! Very nice!

13. allotabass

It's 9v powered. Not as bright as a typical rope light but it certainly does the trick.

My wife picked up the patch at Laconia during Bike Week and I added adhesive velcro so it would stick to the pouch.
    The two ""88's"" are actually my old letterman numbers from highschool. I've had them banging around for so long I thought I would add them in to fill up space.

I didn't really think I would get such a positive response on this. It's very different from 'music' only sites where everyone is a total ego jerk. Thanks everyone.
    I'll post some more pics after work.

14. NonSenCe

NonSenCe Loaded Pockets

very cool idea. useful. cant wait for more pictures. -i bet there will be others copying this idea eventually.. i cant imagine an seasoned grip or roadie who cant see how great idea this is and does his own version.

i know i will pitch this idea to my friend too... one of them rents out sound equipments for bands and karaoke etc, and sometimes offers /rents out a DJ or MC to go along with the speakers too.. i would imagine it might go well to have a "go bag/cabinet" like that to give the DJ/MC/roadie.. to fix all lil problems, storing a spare mike, cable etc. in case the main ones fail.

and couple other friends of mine do have a small band thingy going on.. they might like a complete setup with amps and speaker too.

(i like the patch that says something like "fk it, we do it live then")

15. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

That's too cool man ,) I'm looking one up now !

I'm 'Vally Guy' from Concord NH so I know Laconia Bike Week like the back of my hand ,P .. Fun times man ...
    It used to be Motorcycle Weekend ..
    I can't imagine trying to communicate with players on line because in my field it's hard enough to get past the ego in person !
    What band are you in ? Have I heard of them - You ? [had to ask] ;)

BE WELL .. GH

16. allotabass

Here's the retractable handle and the wheels. I wanted inline skate wheels pushed out towards the end of the case for better balance.
    [​IMG]
    All the pouches open or at least the ones with decks. the middle pouch is from LA Police Gear. http://www.lapolicegear.com/tactical-map-pouch.html Cheap but well worth it.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the mini toggle for the rope light. No pics on the light since it wouldn't reflect well.
    [​IMG]
    Here is the speaker and amp ouf of the box. What's also neat is that the case is seat level for me.
    [​IMG]

The only real down side to all of this is when the speaker is on top I can't get into the case unless I remove it. I have to think ahead of what I need. It's still better than it used to be.