1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

More 5.11 Goodness ~ COVRT 18!

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by sweetdaddyroses, Feb 2, 2011.

1. kenshomi

kenshomi Loaded Pockets

Ok - Anyone find this bag for less than $129? Everyone that has them in stock is right @ $129 blah
    sub $100 and I'll order on tomorrow.

2. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Botach looks like your best bet right now ($97.49 still on sale) but you'd have to throw an extra item or two in the cart to get free shipping. They still have their awesome clothing sale going on right now. I picked up some Eotac operator cargos and some Woolrich elite stuff last week. There was another thread that alerted EDC'ers to that sale in the BST section.

http://www.botachtactical.com/5co18ba.html

A number of sites had the COVRT for less than that over the past couple of months. You snooze, you lose my EDC brother....

3. jsh

jsh Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the link. That's the cheapest I've seen it. Do you have any experience with Botach? Googling around, it looks like there is a lot of negative feedback about the company.

4. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

BOTACH really that bad?

5. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I saw the same threads but I've ordered twice from them over the past couple of months and had no issues. The first time I picked up a pair of cargo pants and two shirts on sale. The other I went back and got another pair of pants. Relatively quick shipping and overall a painless experience both times. Maybe it depends on what you order from them (similar to Optics Planet) or maybe they have cleaned up their act. Not sure.

6. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

I'm going to be in the market for a new backpack in a week or so....weighing the COVRT18 against the RUSH 24. Lots of good info, but my local stockist (Soldier of Fortune in North Wales) doesnt seem to have the 18 on display.
    For those UK members, it looks like Nightgear has them at 20-30% off RRP???

7. cj797

cj797 Loaded Pockets

I've ordered a few times from Botach and no issues. On the last order, I ordered a Maxped Volta in black, and they emailed later that day and advised it was out of stock, and wanted to know if I wanted a different color or they gave me the option to backorder or even cancel it. I thought that was pretty painless.

8. Rachel

Rachel Loaded Pockets

I love the look of this bag and am weighting it up against the North Face Recon, I know the Recon is a lot cheaper (I'm in the UK) but I love the look of the Covrt 18 and all it's organisation pockets. I can't get to try one on however and my issue is I can't find anywhere that says how big it is. Just the compartment sizes. I'd like to know how it compares in size to the Recon - can anyone help? Many thanks.

9. Rachel

Rachel Loaded Pockets

Anyone able to help on Covrt vs NF Recon sizes please?

10. stm

stm Loaded Pockets

I love my Rush 24, but I have been wanting something that looks a little less tacticool. I thought about just removing the external molle straps but now I think the Covrt 18 might fit my needs.

For those of you who own both the Rush 24 and the Covrt 18, how was the transition? Did you notice any increase or decrease in functionality, durability or size?

11. cj797

cj797 Loaded Pockets

I use my COVRT18 for my laptop and iPad and other electronics during the day, buy my Rush 24 pretty much stays in the truck most of the time loaded with a little more than I need for EDC. I can still use it as an EDC bag, but the 24 is more of a get home bag for me now. One thin I noticed when going into the COVRT18 was that I didn't need to carry as much. It seems (for me anyway) the bigger the bag, the more crap I accumulate inside of it.

A side note, I duplicate most of the EDC items in my COVRT18 (Maxped Organizer and small other items) into my Rush 24. Just in case I would become separated from my COVRT18.

12. critterfixer
    • In Omnia Paratus

critterfixer Loaded Pockets

Is the COVRT 18 large enough to use as a weekend bag, i.e. can you fit a couple changes of clothes and maybe a pair of shoes in the main compartment?

13. cj797

cj797 Loaded Pockets

I would say no. Maybe enough for 1 pair of shoes, and maybe a change of clothes. I will see how much I can fit in mine in a little bit.

14. kenshomi

kenshomi Loaded Pockets

I bought one but it isn't fitting my needs - figured I'd post it for sale on this thread first if interested pm me $80.00 shipped(us) like new condition

15. cj797

cj797 Loaded Pockets

critterfixer,

I just packed a set of New Balance tennis shoes, 2 pair of Levi's (rolled up), 2 t-shirts, 2 pair of socks, and 2 pair of underwear into my COVRT18, and it was packed full in the main compartment. Hope this helps.

16. critterfixer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thanks CJ797, it does help. Sounds like this is the bag to get!

17. critterfixer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Those of you that have this bag, do you carry it as is or do roll down the front and attach stuff to the molle section?

18. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

I carry it with the RAC rolled up with pouches and other things attached to the molle inside. The RAC is really meant for LEO's (hence the word "Assault"). So, unless you plan on participating in an Op anytime soon, I'd go with it as is. ;D

Sorry, I'm saying this all somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Actually, you could carry pouches with the RAC rolled down but it does kind of defeat the purpose of the COVRT 18, which is be less military/LEO in appearance when in public.

19. cj797

cj797 Loaded Pockets

I carry mine with the compartment up. For me the Molle is just a way to attach items, mainly becuase its my laptop case. And it's not that tactical look I was looking for, if I need that "tacticool" look I have plenty of others.

20. critterfixer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thanks. Guess I wasn't sure if you could attach pouches to the molle and still roll up the RAC.