1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Mora Knife Blades? Where to buy?

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by mole, May 13, 2015.

1. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

a question for the makers: where do i buy larger quantities (20+) of mora knife blades (just the blades) in europe without going crazy on P&P costs? any suggestions?

thanks,

the mole :)

2. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

The only european dealer I can remember hearing about is a place called Brisa, there are probably others, but as I recall thats the popular one thats always mentioned.

3. batteur
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

batteur Loaded Pockets

You could order at Handels-Kontor Gebr. Tjarks GBR (hkgt) but they only ship in Germany. I could then forward the package to you. If we do it this way tell me in advance, I’ll add one or two Moras I could not justify shipping for. :)

4. gnibur

gnibur Empty Pockets

Have you tried at the source morakniv

Gabbe likes this.
  5. Gabbe

Gabbe Empty Pockets

Or, you could actually visit Sweden and head to the motherlode herself, Mora! A quaint little town in Dalarna ("The valleys" for you semi-educated non-norse pagans). Just never go there on a Sunday, even the natives get bored.

Gilatabar and mole like this.
  6. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

yes, that was the first thing i did. they were very friendly, but could not help. because of their distribution model. now (with the help of a friend) i imported 3 finnish blades and will live for the next 3 projects without a mora.:bounce:

my crazy idea is: ikea knives. actually ikea seems to make some decent kitchen knives. i found some reviews that were positive, so i will use the blue giant as a source for blanks. just strip them of the grips. sure, this will not satisfy the "=3%=)5%5&?%5&8?&`-steel forged under full moon, while the fairy blacksmiths wear tutus made out of unicorn pubic hair, but only when done on friday the 13th" - knife fans. but for my needs a good kitchen knife steel will do. i´m not going "tactical" or "survival", so i won´t need overbuilt blade blanks.
    mora would have been nice, but i´m not willing to pay a company unwilling to discount for 50 Blanks as a start & because of the distribution model "i pay XY crazy money for a cardboard box sent from germany to austria via DHL". ;)

7. gnibur

gnibur Empty Pockets

I will most likely pass Mora in two weeks and can send it to you if you can arrange something with them.

8. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG]

these are the products of my ikea-experiment. i like them a lot, they are surprisingly comfy in the hand...........

Last edited by mole, Jul 3, 2015
  9. gnibur

gnibur Empty Pockets

10. Steel

Steel Empty Pockets

You could try the good stuff shop in Denmark, they have a large selection of knife making materials, including blades. It is a Danish shop and website, but I do think they ship outside the country, and they have information in English as well.

They hav a selection of low-priced blades, which have simililar form and characteristics as mora blades, although they are not strictly genuine mora blades.

But since you need a lot of them, they could be an inexpensive alternative.

They are priced so you can afford to abuse them and experiment with them, although the ones i got was a surprisingly good quality for the Money.

They also have a large selection of handforged blades from skilled and renowned knifesmiths, but these are, off course, at a completely different Price.

Check out their webside and contact them if you have any questions.

mole likes this.
  11. Nomad12

Nomad12 Empty Pockets

Harry J Epstien Company in Kansas City has them at a great price.

mole likes this.
  12. T0shis

T0shis Loaded Pockets

try Brisa.fi

mole likes this.
  13. gnibur

gnibur Empty Pockets

[​IMG] not many blades at the morakniv outlet.

mole likes this.