1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Monteverde vs. Montblanc refills

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Nags, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

Just got a Prometheus Alpha pen (arrived today) and it came with a Monteverde Rollerball M22 cartridge which is a Fine tip. Does anyone know how this compares in use to the Montblanc Rollerball (Fine). Is the Montblanc a superior writing experience, and if so is it no comparison or are the two fairly close?

2. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I gave up on my Montblanc Rollerball pen. It's gathering dust--primarily because the refills for them are so crappy. I've used both the Office Depot (presumably rebadged Monteverde refills) and the Montblanc refills & they both have 2 major drawbacks: 1) Ridiculous cost per refill and 2) They dry up quickly, even when capped. Add in the fact that they're only so-so writers and I write a lot & they were deal-breakers for me. I'm using my Waterman rollerball every day with Pilot G-2 or V-7 refills....better writing with less cost & easily obtainable @ Wally-World or any office supply. Just my $.02 worth. Here's a tip, though...you can use a refill from Zebra Sarasa pens in them. It doesn't screw in like the OEM refills, but it fits, but you'll need a filler behind it. I successfully used the spring from the Sarasa pen...putting it at the "back end" of the refill, but anything that would take up the remaining space behind the refill would work. I will add, though, that the Waterman is 10x the pen that the Montblanc is...the cap won't stay posted on the Montblancs and they are lighter & "cheaper" feeling. I might add that both pens were gifts and I have no axe to grind--just my personal observations.