1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Mont Blanc Fineliner vs Sharpie Pen?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Flint HIlls, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Flint HIlls

Flint HIlls Loaded Pockets

Has anyone tried both? Are they similar? I've tried looking around online for comparisons but haven't found anything.

I like the Sharpie pens and have been thinking about getting a pen that accepts the Mont Blanc Fineliner as an upgrade if it's similar but an improvement on the Sharpie pen.

2. Flint HIlls

Flint HIlls Loaded Pockets

Anyone?

I really like how the Sharpie pens write, but I would prefer more saturated color. Does the Montblanc do this?

3. MikeFromGermany

MikeFromGermany Loaded Pockets

I don't have a sharpie, so I am not able to give a comparison.
    But I regularly use the MB Fineliner because I like it very much.

They have some very saturated colors, I use the "pacific blue" most of the time (I think that's the name). It is a dark and very saturated shade of blue.

You can try the refill without buying a MB pen, so you don't have to invest into something too expensive beforehand.

You also can use other pens and "hack" them to take the MB fineliner refill. For example just take a Lamy Rollerball (I have done this with my Lamy 2000, Lamy Safari should work, too) and insert the MB finliner refill there. It is a little bit shorter so you have to cut a spacer from the protective cap that is on the fineliner refill. Insert the spacer at the back end of the pen to compensate the missing length and you're fine.

Happy testing.

4. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I would say the sharpie pen and MB fineliner refills are very similar. Sharpie pens are cheaper than the fineliner refills, at least the montblanc branded ones. I believe monteverde makes a MB fineliner clone for less money, and I believe Schmitt (Schmidt? Can't remember how they spell it) also make a fineliner refill in a couple sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk