1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Money Clip Recommendations

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by MartinTravels, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Sirvive

Sirvive Loaded Pockets

Slim Clip is slimmmm! Try it you won't regret it!

2. zev

zev Loaded Pockets

Anyone mod their slim-clip to work as a signal mirror? ;D

3. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

Ditto.

4. MartinTravels

MartinTravels Empty Pockets

After a few weeks carrying the Gerber EAB as a money clip, it was very clear this was not going to hold up and was too small to serve as a money clip. Plus it fit funny in the back pocket.

[​IMG]

I went back to the black binder office clamp that has been my default for years.

[​IMG]

I then tried the Slim Clip for a few weeks. It was a BIG improvement over the EAB, but it was not without its issues. I did like the separation of the cards and cash, however it was very difficult to get the cash into the cash side without a card to use a a 'backer' (sort of defeats the purpose of separating the two). Also the size of the clip is pretty big with a few edges and curves that don't make for the most comfortable carry. In addition, the metal on the card side has already lost some of it's bite.

[​IMG]

Enter the Duckbill Money Clip. It took a month to arrive, but it finally came. After only two days, I can tell that it has the Slimclip beat hands down. The steel is a much heavier guage; it is in fact rated to hold 60 folded bills (or anything else of equal thickness) without losing it's spring! Wow! The size is perfect and it carries in the back pocket every bit as good as the god ol' black office binder clamp.

[​IMG]

Could the never ending quest for a decent money clip be over? Time will tell, but nothing I've seen is better than the Duckbill. My thanks to all of you for your input and recommendations!

5. montbrew82

montbrew82 Empty Pockets

I just order a personalized Duck Bill money clip. I hope that it's all that it's cracked up to be, because even though it wasn't outrageously expensive, it wasn't dirt cheap either! The funny thing is, I've only been a member of this site for a few weeks, but I have learned so much about new products and gadgets, styles/ways/modes of carry, that I could honestly say that being a member of this forum makes you smarter! Maybe not Einstein smart, but you're bound to learn something new. At any rate, now it's a waiting game until I can try to minimize my wallet carry. I'll tell you, my wallet sometimes seems like a portable file cabinet, so this money clip should help out a lot.

6. bud760
    • In Omnia Paratus

bud760 Loaded Pockets

i love my slim clip, i've had it for a couple of years. that duck clip is looking good too but i like my cash and cards seperate and the notches on the slim clip keep my cards aligned.

7. greenmountainbooks

greenmountainbooks Loaded Pockets

I use a card case with a two pockets for cards a somewhat closed pocket for...whatever and a magnetic clip on the back. I mostly use it for things like supermarket discount cards. It is VERY handy for those and keeps my wallet down to size-huge. It could also hold some bills as a throw-away for muggers.

8. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

I recently had to replace my wallet and after an exhaustive search I settled on a Tumi bi-fold wallet. I carried it for a couple months until I decided it was just too big. I ended up buying a titanium money clip and and LA wallet from CountyComm. I keep my ID, CCW permit, insurance card, debit card, and corporate card in the LA wallet in my back pocket and keep the oney clip in my front left. The LA wallet is about 1/4 to 3/16" thick. It's a perfect setup for me.

9. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

i tried the slim clip,,the cvs store had them.. it works but i didnt like it for carry..now it live s in my car... all the cards for cvs, supermarkets etc etc
    and cards that get stamped with each purchase till its filled up and then you get one free .... so when i go the the drug store or supermarket etc etc i reach for the slim clip ....works good that way and i dont need to keep all those cards in my wallet

10. sithjedi333

sithjedi333 Loaded Pockets

Storus money clip

11. SF1

SF1 Banned

I have a sterling silver money clip from Tiffany & Co. I just carry my pocket money on it. I have had it for about 13 years, and silver develops a nice pocket worn look to it. I could send it back to Tiffany's, or polish it myself, and it would look brand new. The worn look is great, I am not going to touch it.

It is nice to have some things that are not tactical. The Slim Clip and Duckbill clips do look very nice, and are priced right. They seem like a good product.

I also have one Ronald Reagan gave me in the Oval Office in 1987 with the seal on it, but I have that put away.

12. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Would love to hear the story behind that.

13. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Empty Pockets

I use the Wagner Swiss Wallet.

[​IMG]

You can find them for less than $40 easily and less than $35 if you look around. I've been using mine now for over three years. Very well made. It does seem that every time I pull it out some one asks me about it (usually a lady, most often of a more tender age). Depending on your personality and/or relationship status, you may wish to factor that in. ;)

14. SF1

SF1 Banned

Used to be part of professional motorcycle racing, and I was in charge of the USA team that won the championship. I arranged to have our team meet the President.

I went in first, and sat down on the couch across from the president, and as the last staffer left the room and closed the door. I thought, How did I get here? Wonderful day. Then I brought the team in and did the introductions. Then they brought in the pool for photos.

What I loved was he went to a chest of drawers near his desk, and passed the gifts out himself to each of us.

For the past 18 years, I cover the Presidents as a photographer, and have worked with eight, including Reagan. Each trip I cover is a fantastic opportunity.

15. BioHazardx

BioHazardx Loaded Pockets

I would add my vote for a Duck Bill clip. Not only are they great but the gentlemen running the company is honest and good to deal with. I had a delay in shipping on mine, and he kept me fully informed, upgraded my shipping and forwarded me a tracking number. Would / will buy from him again.

16. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

That was a truly inspiring story.

Thank You for sharing that.

17. hazna

hazna Loaded Pockets

just to drap up an older thread, anyone have any new recommendations on a money clip.

The wagner wallet seems interesting, but may be a little bigger than what I had in mind. I'm after a money clip to hold 2-3 cards and money. The duck-bill and slimclip seem okay, but I would like something more stylish and interesting. Any suggestions?

18. jamesr913

jamesr913 Loaded Pockets

I have an m clip and love it