1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Momentum Fieldwalker

Discussion in 'Watches' started by nine204, Jun 22, 2017.

1. nine204

nine204 Loaded Pockets

Fieldwalker Automatic Rubber

https://ca.momentumwatch.com/collections/mens-watches/products/fieldwalker-automatic
    http://www.momentumwatch.com

https://ca.momentumwatch.com/pages/about-momentum

Specifications:
    [​IMG]

Price: $485.00 CAD

I received my Momentum Fieldwalker yesterday, I must say I was excited to see this model up close and on the wrist. After wearing it for a solid 24 hours I am thinking Momentum has a hit on their hands. This 44mm case is all face and it wears large. The sapphire crystal has a slight dome, however it has virtually no distortion, even when viewed at extreme angles. I am a fan of the somewhat sterile dial. It is very crisply printed and is high contrast in daylight. I love the border-less hand set used for the hour/minute, and the second hand's orange accent really pops. The case sports relatively short lugs and it wears comfortably even on my small 6.5" wrist. The case has a slight domed back and offset crown; this makes it extremely comfortable and crown does not dig into your hand. It passed the "worn to bed" test without any discomfort and the lume was still very readable 6 hours later. So far the movement (hacking/handwind) is running at -5 seconds in 24 hours. One thing I noted about this movement is that it relatively quiet when winding, and does not have the free flying whirl of say a 9015.

I'll be posting updates on the accuracy of the movement and impressions over the next few weeks. Like I said, I think Momentum has a hit on their hands with this one. It looks and feels great. Anyone looking for a beefy automatic field watch with a lot of wrist presence should consider this model. Check out the pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Momentum's box set up is solid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Unbranded natural rubber strap and bead blasted/matte buckle. The strap tapers from 22 to 20mm. 4mm thick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Exhibition case back. I would like to see a smaller font or omission of the "momentum roto-wind" as it obscures the view.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Branded screw down crown. Excellent texturing, you have no problem manipulating it. I love the comfort of an offset crown, which is more important the larger the watch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Super comfortable!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The lume is very good. It seems to be C3 and BGW9. Both last through the night, but initially the numeral markers outshine the hands. It would have been interesting to see the lume scheme vice versa'd, BUT the ? BGW9 allows the hands to be very white in daylight and goes very well with the black dial. Note no lume on the second hand.

[​IMG]
    Lume shot compared side by side to a Casio Oceanus.

More pics and impressions to come.

Nick4305, fyrpiper, Froley and 3 others like this.
  2. nine204

nine204 Loaded Pockets

Cell shot. It ran -4 seconds in 24 hours today.

[​IMG]

Last edited by nine204, Jun 23, 2017
    #2 nine204, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Nick4305 and twin63 like this.
  3. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the review and excellent pics! I've always liked field watches, but have never owned one of decent quality. Considering the looks and price of the Fieldwalker, it may go on my short list.

nine204 likes this.
  4. nine204

nine204 Loaded Pockets

5. nine204

nine204 Loaded Pockets

The watch has lost 18 seconds in the past 5 days, averaging -3.6/seconds per day. Not bad!

6. nine204

nine204 Loaded Pockets

7. nine204

nine204 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

#7 nine204, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    CJinPa, Nick4305 and twin63 like this.
  8. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Nice review and updates. I like the watch, but not the size. I hope (or maybe not) the bring out a smaller version some day.
    I too like the offset crown, but many watch companies (and customer, probably) are more concerned with their watches being true to their origins. Hence you don't see a lot of pilot and military watches with offset crown