1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Molle pouches that can fit a DSLR?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Euthymic, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Euthymic

Euthymic Loaded Pockets

Does anyone happen to have any recommendations on molle equipped pouches for storing a medium size DSLR with lens? I recently picked up a fastpack EDC and a knock off Flyye internal molle panel and would like to attach a pouch that can hold my DSLR internally near the top of the pack. I have plenty of camera specific packs and messengers but I'm looking for a way to add a bit of functionality by bringing just my camera/general purpose lens along in my EDC pack when traveling. Camera is roughly 5.25 wide, 4.5" tall, and 7 inches long (with lens). Padding is not important since it would be hanging so maybe a large medic bag? Any ideas or anyone else do something like this?
    Thanks again!

2. Si_K
    • In Omnia Paratus

Si_K Loaded Pockets

Hazard4 forward observer? Fits a D90 (without battery grip) with 70-300VR (hood reversed).

Katjang1 likes this.
  3. Robinmasters

Robinmasters Loaded Pockets

Maxpedition makes some padded pouches. My Sony (minus flash) fits in the 4.5 x 6 pouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. vinniec5

vinniec5 Loaded Pockets

5. Jakala

Jakala Loaded Pockets

I second the forward observer, bought one a few weeks back for some 50 euros and its the ideal size for a semipro slr (pentax k30)

If you have a slr, this is the best molle pouch you can get IMHO

Tapatalked from Holland

Katjang1 likes this.
  6. Euthymic

Euthymic Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the input guys! The Hazard 4 certainly looks the part but I'm worried it may take up too much space with all of that padding (Although knowing it can handle a long lens is great). I'll probably make a dimensional mock up and see how it fits at the top of the pack. The NOD pouch may be just what I was looking for. Not very bulky and looks like it could squash down if the camera is removed. Since this is not my primary camera case and I really want it for the convenience (keeping it at the top of the pack and easily accessible) the NOD looks like a winner. It's not one that had come up on my radar (looking mostly at gas mask pouches and the like) so I really appreciate you pointing it out. Thanks again

7. vinniec5

vinniec5 Loaded Pockets

yes,they flatten out for storage but do provide excellent protection. I'm pretty sure they're made by Blackhawk. very well made and rarely seen pouch
    no problem, glad i could help. I'm a pouch/bag hunter too for my DSLRs . it's not easy finding molle camera gear

8. keeganxt

keeganxt Loaded Pockets

With my EDC I used a Crumpler Haven that would slip down to the bottom of the bag perfectly. It works better now with my litespeed as it opens up like a clamshell and the camera is easier to get to. If you could figure out a way to mount the Haven closer to the top, it'd be perfect, but nearly impossible to get to anything below it in the EDC.

vinniec5 likes this.
  9. TransportJockey

TransportJockey Loaded Pockets

I'm glad I saw this thread, I started to look for one for mine too

10. psyphris

psyphris Loaded Pockets

Same here! Some good suggestions so far.

11. vinniec5

vinniec5 Loaded Pockets

Did you get them Euthymic? I send you a cpl convos but I don't think they're reaching you