1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Moleskines

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Crocodilo, Jul 22, 2006.

1. user24

user24 Empty Pockets

I just find them a little too big for front pocket carry. Why-oh-why isn't there an A7 moleskine :shrug: ??

2. shadeone

shadeone Loaded Pockets

there have been some people that have made some ultra tiny moleskins using a powered bandsaw... just hold the book closed real tight and it should cut through the cover and pages pretty good! some people have even made custom shapes with a jigsaw...

allthough im not so sure about the elastic band remaining though... youd have to work around that...

shade

3. Stelth

Stelth Banned

I cut a Moleskine cahiers pad in half so it would fit in my wallet. I attached it to a table with wood clamps and used a razor knife and a metal ruler. I just kept going over the cut again and again until it was all the way through.(a work table not a kitchen table) It worked well. I'm sure a table saw would be better but I don't have one.

4. user24

user24 Empty Pockets

for me the band is better lengthways anyway; easier to attach a pencil.

hmm, yeah I've seen some stuff about cutting them up to make them smaller. I'd better search around to see how hard it would be to create a frankenskine. pics will follow if I go through with it. thanks for reminding me

5. mtn_guy_79

mtn_guy_79 Loaded Pockets

Well after reading your posts and praise of moseskines I went and purchased one today (hardback Lined pgs.), as well as a Fischer Bullet pen.
    Now I had a Fischer in the past (never could figure what happened to it) and loved it. But the Moleskine is something new.
    I love them both. Can't wait to use them up ;D

6. surespyder

surespyder Empty Pockets

That's a great combo. I carry a matte black Fisher Bullet Pen and two Moleskines every day (the Hong Kong City Edition and a plain notebook).

7. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

So did you ever make a frankenskine?? Just wondering.

8. user24

user24 Empty Pockets

nah, I'm not very handy with powertools. Computer geek through-and-through. I found a nice A7 pad that is perfect for me and lasts me about a year, so I bought 15 of them. Maybe in 15 years I'll remember the Frankenskine idea and hack one to pieces, but until then I've found my notepad nirvana :)