1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Moleskines

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Crocodilo, Jul 22, 2006.

1. TNRonin

TNRonin Loaded Pockets

Hammerhead, good idea on the back pocket. :id

2. b.s.

b.s. Loaded Pockets

REPAIR:

With every moleskine I've owned, the pocket and "inside spine" has torn before the moleskine is ready to be replaced.

I do a simple mod where I remove the existing pocket (just rip it off)
    and replace it with a tyvek pocket. (fed-ex or usps envelope)

I then add a small strip of tyvek to the inside of the spine.

All this can be done with a glue stick in less than 30 minutes.

3. HammerHead

HammerHead Loaded Pockets

I can't take credit for the idea. Plenty of people here on EDCF have mentioned dropping a bandage or two into their wallets, I just moved that idea over to a device I'd have with me while outdoors. Seeing as I've recently had frequent need for my pocket first aid kits.

Good to know, B.S. Thank you :) I'll keep some TyVek around just in case.

4. surespyder

surespyder Empty Pockets

I'm waiting on the Hong Kong edition to come out later this month. :)

5. exit14a

exit14a Empty Pockets

As a truck driver, I use mine to write down directions for every stop. I only write in them with pencils and I keep a folded piece of construction paper behind the page I'm writing on to prevent the next page getting " brailled "
    For me it's a great system as these journals are constructed really well.

6. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Some pics of my new Japanese Moleskine I received for Father's Day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The second shot I am about 9 feet away from the cover. I just layed it out on the carpet and took a pic.
    I don't know why I wanted one of these, I just always have. Moleskines are cool, and this one is really cool. :)
    Thanks for looking.

Jason

7. surespyder

surespyder Empty Pockets

Got my Hong Kong edition city notebook last night. I went to two stores to try and find them, both of which the Moleskineasia website indicated carried city notebooks. The first store had about 4 Moleskines (total) in it. I considered purchasing a $12 Moleskine diary for one of my students, but decided to get her something else.

Went to another store after work and they had a bunch of Moleskines, but no HK editions on the rack. I asked someone who worked there and she said they were coming out on the 26th. I told her the website said they'd be out on the 24th. I told her I'd just get one on the website since they were already available directly from Moleskineasia. I turned to leave and spotted them on a table next to me. She didn't even know they had 'em! The price on the back was $108 Hong Kong Dollars, which I thought was a great deal as the website said they'd go for $188. I went to the register and she ran up and said they are supposed to be $188, and she'd have to charge me that. I told her if I was in the US, they'd have to charge me the $108 the sticker said it was. I wasn't too happy, so I complained to both Moleskineasia and the store, of which I am a regular customer.

Within two hours (around 11pm), Moleskineasia replied and said they were sorry. I'd also pointed out a few errors in the HK edition. They told me to pick out any Moleskine I wanted from the catalog and I could have it for free as a token of their appreciation. I chose a soft, plain notebook (pocket sized). I will now EDC two Moleskines. :)

8. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I just ordered myself 2 moleskines; one reporters book, and one hard cover. I will decide which one I will be taking with me to my new job.

9. surespyder

surespyder Empty Pockets

The store I bought the HK edition from (www.citysuper.com) called and said they will give me an $80 refund ($10 US approx). They said they now do the same thing as US retailers and only charge customers what the price on an item is if they make an error. :)

10. Shreknow91

Shreknow91 Loaded Pockets

I went to Barnes and Nole yesterday and picked up a pack of Brown ruled small cahier journals and a set o Black large (5x8) plain cahier journals and I already love them!! :D

I am prolly going to go back today to pick up and actual notebook one, the only thing is I wish they carried the plain page journal in a sot cover :(

11. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

That is nice of them.

Jason

12. surespyder

surespyder Empty Pockets

Yes it is, but I probably saved them a bundle by letting them know they labeled the items wrong. :)

13. Stelth

Stelth Banned

The Moleskine Memo Pockets is a handy product. It's a mini-accordian folder great for coupons, receipts, directions, computer password info...etc. in a 3/12 inch by 51/2 inch package.

14. eldahjack

eldahjack Empty Pockets

i have a testimony of moleskines. twice now mine has endured my hikes up river. and twice its fallen in that same water. my writtings havent bled at all, and the pages dry fairly fast

15. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

They sure do ship fast!!! My 2 mooleskine books arrived today! These are my first. I LOVE them. I am glad that you guys have mentioned them; they will be PERFECT for taking notes at my new job.

16. Darkling

Darkling BST/Marketplace ban

I have a few of their products, always takes me an age to use them because i don't want to mess them up by writing in them.

17. trull

trull Empty Pockets

The more you write in them the more beautiful they become.

18. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

Well, I FULLY intend on using them! One is going to work. I couldn't decide on which one I wanted to use for work, so I bought both. I AM going to take the "reporter" one with me to work.

19. PaulTX

PaulTX Loaded Pockets

I use Moleskines primarily for a daily journal. I used to be so concerned about making mistakes (spelling or otherwise) but not so much anymore. If I make a mistake I just mark a couple of lines through it and keep going. I do write somewhat carefully as I want my family in the years ahead to be able to read it easily. I use a Uniball Signo 207 Micro and it works great with the Moleskine acid free paper.

Paul

20. Hogosha

Hogosha Loaded Pockets

I used Moleskines for a while, but have gone back to the good old fashioned mini marble notebooks. On top of that, I even give it the old-school brown paper bag book cover (just a bit of packing tape on the spine). Cheap, small, thin, works great. I've been thinking about doing a leather or rayskin cover, but I think it may make it too thick.