1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Mobile office bag.

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ijakers, Nov 14, 2011.

1. ijakers

ijakers Loaded Pockets

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum so here goes. I am looking for a new bag for my "mobile office". I currently use a Timbuk2 messenger bad for my laptop note books etc. I finally bit the bullet and got myself an ipad for the convenience of it all,and now the search is on for a new bag.;D;D I have read reviews watched videos,read tons of posts here and I think I have it narrowed down to two,the maxped Malaga or Sitka. I am really leaning to the Malaga because I like the center mounted strap and seems like it would be a better over the shoulder bag than the sitka. Comfort while wearing for long periods of time is not really an issue because it will be riding in my truck or sitting next to me while i am working. I live in a rural area so there are no bus rides or walking the 20 miles to my office,but I will be carrying it from time to time depending on what I am doing.

2. Omning

Omning Loaded Pockets

May want to give thought to the new 5.11 COVRT18 or COVRT Z.A.P. ZAP fits an Ipad perfectly, 18 you'd have room for both the ipad and a laptop probably.

3. McNabUx

McNabUx Loaded Pockets

4. lokkenjawnz

lokkenjawnz Loaded Pockets

Are you looking for a bag to hold your laptop and iPad, or just the iPad? If it's just the iPad, then the Malaga will do great. I have one for my Asus Transformer, which is roughly netbook sized, and it fits it perfectly with plenty of room for various other electronics, chargers, notebooks, etc. However, the bag does not quite fit my 15" MacBook Pro, it sticks out about an inch or two. So if you have something a bit smaller for a laptop, it could potentially fit, but a 15" is pretty much out of the question.

5. ijakers

ijakers Loaded Pockets

It will be just for the ipad. I can do everything i need to do on the ipad so there is no need really for me to bring my laptop around. That is pretty much on point for what i need it for,notebooks,couple of cell phones,chargers,etc. I like the Sitka but i don't like the way the strap is mounted. The strap on the Malaga just seems like it would be more versatile,like just throwing it over one shoulder to walk from truck to office.