1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

MK7 DESIGNS/PocketToolX - PIRANHA

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by attorneyadrian, Nov 30, 2009.

1. senfinger

senfinger Loaded Pockets

I'm thinking about going with something like this if the Atwood falls through- just looking for something that is thin, looks good and holds up/does the job = )

2. bamarammin87

bamarammin87 Loaded Pockets

Gotta get me an atwood..

3. Rico801

Rico801 Loaded Pockets

I was thinking I'd try one of these Piranhas out but they are on back order. I thought they were supposed to be easier to acquire than an Atwood?

4. BASR

BASR Loaded Pockets

They usually are easy to order. I believe it is from the Christmas season, which is why they added the gift card option.

5. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

they are easier to get than a atwood for sure,,you can email pockettoolx and they will be glad to let you know when they will be available again. or they can email you or maybe reserve one for ya..

after you own one. you will wonder how you managed with out one..seriously..i edc my piranha everyday even before my knife..
    my piranha a knife and a light is pretty much perfect pocket carry

6. bquinlan

bquinlan Loaded Pockets

I just get more impressed by the folks at PocketToolX all the time. Their designs are excellent and they seem to be listening to their customers as they evolve them. They don't compromise on materials or manufacturing. And their customer service is amazing!

I find my Piranha to be a perfect companion for most plier-type multitools. Having a wrench to pair with drivers or pliers makes all kinds of jobs easier. And no folding multitool is designed for prying, which the Piranha handles easily.

--Bob Q

7. Rico801

Rico801 Loaded Pockets

I do like the changes I see in the latest design. I'm looking forward to handling one. Does the neoprene bit holder come off easily? I don't usually like stuff like that on pocket tools.

8. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

rico the first time i tried to remove the neoprene bit holder it didnt want to come off..the next time i tried it,it came off with out a problem,, the bit holder has not brothered me at all,, for pocket carry or in use..

when i first got my piranha the screw bit fit so snug in the bit hole of the tool (not the bit holder) i didnt need to keep a thumb against it..after several uses the tolerence for the tool wore in and the bit slips thru as i excepted would be.. i put heavy packing tape
    (looks like clear scotch tape) around the center of the bit and that keeps the bit secure to the hole in the tool for not needing my thumb to keep it in place

9. leefx

leefx Empty Pockets

Dang, they're on backorder. I was looking to spend ~$50 on a keychain tool, and this looked PERFECT.

10. Combat-Trout

Combat-Trout Empty Pockets

I picked one up last year and it's been great. Really handy and easy to carry. I have a pack of extra bits that covers a ton of things as well. Handy tool and well made, it was out of stock when I ordered it but the folks at the company were realistic about their delivery dates and it was an easy buy without jumping through hoops.

11. Frequency

Frequency Empty Pockets

I broke mine yesterday and I'm bummed about it. I've emailed the company and hopefully they'll warranty it. It was a great tool until it snapped!
    [​IMG]

12. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

I replied to your individual thread with some information and help for ya.

13. dovk0802

dovk0802 Loaded Pockets

I've had the combo piranha (w/o cutout) since last year & very happy; daily carry in the US & Afghanistan. I was looking for a gift & checked out Mk7 site & noticed that the bit appeared black. My one complaint was that the bit rusted in my pocket. I sent a note asking if the bits were coated for corrosion resistance & if so, I'd like to order a replacement bit. Justin replied to my email & sent me a replacement bit. Great product & service.

14. BennyJ

BennyJ Empty Pockets

I may have to pick one of these up, looks like it could be very useful. Do they fit well in your pocket?

15. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

they fit in your pocket perfectly with any pants or jeans..and you dont know it is there till you need it..
    and it fits your hand equally as well.. it is almost perfect

16. dovk0802

dovk0802 Loaded Pockets

I carry mine behind my wallet (Big Skinny) in my front trouser pocket. Easy to carry, doesn't print, & fast into action.

17. Frequency

Frequency Empty Pockets

PocketToolX warrantied my broken tool and I'm EDC-ing the new updated (stronger) version. I'm glad they stood behind their product. That's the sign of a good company.

18. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

It's good to hear they replaced the broken one and stand by their warranty.

19. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

I am amazed how handy this little tool is I carry mine ever day ever where. I carry mine in my back pocket it is a little big for my kechain.[​IMG][/IMG]

The Piranha fit's in my back pocket perfect and is a one of the most important part's of my EDC.

I cant say enough good thing's about this simple indispensable tool .

It is a excellent tool to use along side a multool there isn't much you cant fix with a good multitool and a Piranha. [​IMG][/IMG]

Thank's Justin and PocketTool X team for all your help I love this tool.

Joel

20. Gachrid

Gachrid Empty Pockets

This thing looks pretty nice. I'm trying to decide between this and the Brewzer. If I was carrying a Swiss UtiliKey at the same time is this one worth it?