1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ministry of Truth - EDC, gear, mods & musings

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by MinistryOfTruth, Jul 9, 2014.

1. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

MinistryOfTruth Uber Prepared

Of course!
    According to the "legend" its a kind of spatula, old house-call doctors used it to dose medicine for mixes and i guess to stir.
    You can use it to crush crystals i to powder i think too.
    The more i talk about it the more it sounds like the perfect knife for a conoisseur of "fine columbian energizing powder-salts", but alas (or should i say luckily?) i have no finance situation to abuse such lofty luxuries, my gear shoppinglist isnt even done growing yet!
    When i've gotten tired of my all my grails i'll move over to EveryDayCocaineForums.com, so yeah, you guys are stuck with my endless ranting for a few decades at least :p

Honestly, it feels like a gimmick thing but i've used it to poke at stuff i didnt want to cut or that was too tiny to touch, also playing with it safely while watching TV, the sharp one will take your fingertip right off!

Nick4305, Nekolf, Doraemon and 2 others like this.
  2. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hello again EDCFriends! (if instill have any )
    Soooo, i've been gone from here for about 20 months, i fell out of a lot of good habits but i thought i'd check back in, missed the mode and mood of this place! Few ups, few downs, i just bounce back up and roll down the hill.

Been rethinking my carry completely this last year, been trying to pinpoint my needs and preferences and act in accordance to them.
    Small, lightweight, no thigh poking, no rattling and no visible footprints outside of work attire. Weight is only allowed in knives and lights. Tried my ZT300 & 350 out last summer while bugging out from the construction work being don... Single room cottage/shack, wood adjacent. Those knives are great for outdooring, but waaaay overkill for my urban daily.
    Bags and packs are now optional and occasional so i "prototyped" a system (pics to follow, i'd like to run em by you for thoughts if i may?). Had too add a few things i really dont like but cant live without also, more pics on that later.

This little bugger is still my favourite light. Dinged, scratched, loved.
    [​IMG]
    Recently it started to act a little off so i pulled the trigger on a 2015 ti, just in case :)

So i lost my little pouch containing my Baby Doc, a ratchet & bits kits and a LM Style PS. Got this as a replacement (cant find a Baby Doc in blue anywhere no more), white Case Baby Peanut. Excellent little friend, it did not fit me.
    [​IMG]
    Lil' Doc came home again almost a year after i lost that pouch, i'm so happy it did and the Peanut will make for an excellent coming of age gift, nices and nephews are growing up fast these days.

Getting this to sweden was a beehutch but OMG!!! I really dont like twistys, i always thought AAA lights would be basically useless, boy was i wrong! Mrs Truth got the brass one, copper was all mine.
    This has been riding with me every day until a month ago, now i dont know where i put it, but its in the house somewhere. I hope.
    [​IMG]

Bought my first ever laser sight / tactical light combo in december.
    Buddy (see below) needs her Laser-fix and we've broken three, total cost of those was higher than buying a rugged built laser/light at a local air-soft dealer. He demonstrated it on a glock-replica, i said it was for my cat, he looked dissapointed.
    Now she has illumination for when her other stuff "oopses" right in under the fridge AKA The Most Amazing Place Ever. Its not in my carry, but it gets EDUse both as a light and laser...
    [​IMG]

Oh! Oh! This! Woooow. Its just wow.
    Yeah, i know, i really dont agree with the pricing but it's an amazing piece! No store in sweden would sell these (they sell garbage level folders at upper end Spydie prices here) so i had to go in blind. Original plan was a Sebenza 21 but i NEED ambidextrous tumb opening, it's a dealbreaker, so it had to be a 25.
    Bought one with more than half a mind to send it back. It took me a full hour before i loved it and now this not-so little gem is now basically what my blade rotation revolves around. Work, home, garden, fixing stuff etc.
    The lanyard was a goner after about 5 minutes, felt like a joke.
    [​IMG]
    A friend of mine remarked that it looks like it belongs on the spaceship Nostromo from the first Alien, that is a compliment in my ears.
    My 941 is currently getting zero attention, but it will soon as the honeymoon is over.
    I'm already saved up to try out an Inkosi so, errr, yeah, it's BAD.

More pics to come soon.

Nekolf, Water-Rat and Nick4305 like this.
  3. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hey cityofthesouth, remember that awesome wallet you hooked me up with? That thing is amazing. Unfortunately the Minister of Truth Himself was a careless idiot and celebrated his friends 70th birthday a few weeks ago. Maybe a little too thoroughly, so i lost it... Looked all over, retraced my steps, asked the groundskeeper to keep an eye out but no luck. Methinks it might have changed owner.

I blame myself mostly, but i also blame my stupid dress pants with their stupid pockets.

Water-Rat and Nick4305 like this.
  4. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daily pocket-clutter since december (excluding phone and wallet, nothing special to see there) looks like so:

Notepad and pen. Waterproof because like i said, i dunk stuff involuntarily.
    [​IMG]

Light & blade (here with 2013 D25C Ti and CRK Seb 25) in DIY WIP pocket organizer
    [​IMG]
    I rotate between my BM 941 and the Seb25, but the 25 is still in the honeymoon phase ^_^

Victorinox ratchet, extender, LM Style PS, Schrade Ti Tool in second DIY WIP pocket organizer.
    [​IMG]

Pocket-thingys look like abominations, they're my first leather crafting projects and results, i can do better but i'm not sure i want them in leather. Bulky, a bit too stiff also. I need to make the curve less drastic and tighten the space between the tools, lots of room is being wasted. But i'm fairly happy considering i basically eyeballed the measurements.
    Different material could probably reduce visible footprints on my clothes, i'm vain and like to keep my gear out of peoples minds. Been playing with the idea of patent leather with a felt lining but that would mean too much work atm :)

But they do what they are supposed to: keep stuff in place and reduce risk of loss and accidents.

Nekolf, Water-Rat and Nick4305 like this.
  5. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Welcome back !

Nekolf and MinistryOfTruth like this.
  6. cityofthesouth

cityofthesouth Loaded Pockets

That bites big time. I haven't made any wallets for a long time now. I have considered getting back into it about a million times, but the stars are gonna have to align in just such a way it looks like.

Nick4305 likes this.
  7. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thank you, good to see you're up and representing! :)

Nekolf and Nick4305 like this.
  8. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

I know right? Still mourning, but i hope someone found it, tossed my useless cards and kept it.

I'm not trying to coax you into making more without the blessing of auspicious constellations, i can relate!
    Saw you'd been doing axes and choppers, looked very cool and fun!
    Ok maybe a tiny bit ;) but as stated: available time, process and inspiration cant be forced.

You'll be pleased to hear i carried it everywhere, got many compliments and envious glances! It looked as though i'd had it for a week tops.

Nick4305 and cityofthesouth like this.
  9. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

EDCat, one of two in rotation. One is none, two is one, three is impossible because one the first two will move out.
    Buddys reaction on "wouldnt you like having a kitten around?"
    [​IMG]

10. cityofthesouth

Well, not to get anyone's hope up but here's the inside scoop. The short story is, you get a point when you design a product where you pretty much have to take the next step or you're wasting time and losing money. That's pretty much the deal with the wallets. I THINK, maybe, I know a guy who can help with that and I intend to meet with him to find out.

The trouble with "micarta" is, I have to make it myself in order to get all the variety of colors that I want. So no matter what, I'm the manufacturer and I have to evolve that process if I want to have a real product. That's the major hurdle.

MinistryOfTruth likes this.
  11. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Totally get it bro, been through a similar process myself with a project together with a friend of mine, sadly we had to abandon our project to cut our losses. There's an important difference taking an experiment or promising project to being a product, stakes are necessarily higher and more factors come in play.
    Effort, funds and return gotta balance out right?

cityofthesouth likes this.
  12. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Pill-case for daily meds and "just in case" pain-relief, here with that little copper wonder for a size reference.

Gold and Jee-purd. Illegal jeepurd!
    The alternative was a rattling, ugly pvc box with poor lid-retention, this one looks nicer, makes less noise and has a mirror in the lid, wich could be handy in a survival situation.

[​IMG]

Meds are now a daily necessity for me due to having discovered my ADHD as an adult. Quality of life got a major shift up since i got started on them.

Also, not an EDC item, but a friend is getting serious with making pipes so he offered to make me one. Fit and finish are lovely, the briar had a few pockets but none comported structural issues, and the grain is just gorgeous! So much character, the draw is generous without being a wind-tunnel.
    [​IMG]
    currently i'm switching a little between Rattrays Royal Albert and Petersons Conoisseur. Tasty, never ghosted more than one bowl, they really agree with my pace when building up the char. Flakes and pure virginias come later.

Last edited by MinistryOfTruth, Apr 1, 2016
  13. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Since this is the Ministry of Truth thread i thought i might share some truths.

Truth no. 1:
    It is possible for two different things to be true simultaneously, especially if they both relate to what people believe to be true.

Truth no. 2:
    People assume that truth is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... truth-y toot-y... stuff.

14. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Truth no. 3:
    No man is invincible, no plan is foolproof.

Trtuh no. 4:
    No matter what we fear, we must face the moment of truth baby.

15. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thank you Nick4305 for the like-by! As a thank you, adorable cat picture of EDCat: (oh yeah, youre my friend now, cat-pics are part of the deal ;) )

[​IMG]

16. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thanks for your kind gesture.
    I've been a kitty-addicted for several years !

Nekolf and MinistryOfTruth like this.
  17. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Kitty-addiction is a wise and beautiful thing, glad we share that.

18. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

:bounce: Mail day! :bounce:
    EDCat could not be less interested in my loot but is helping with keeping the local magpies away from the bling.
    [​IMG]

##################### LEVEL UP! #########################
    *** Attribute Bonus ***
    +1 Gear
    +1 Charisma
    +2 Nerdage

*** Award Unlocked ****
    "Pimpin is EASY"

~~~ Find a Crafting Table to upgrade your Inventory ----

[​IMG]
    Tricked out! Mrs Truths edc Atac is now color coordinated and her Maratac got blinged out.
    My D25c is now upgraded to the 2015 edition and currently sports an orange vial, i'm considering a green one to match the tailcap, but i dont want it too bright either and my current system is "green is for keys", but that rationalization makes no sense since i threw a green one on the PD35.

Wow. So glowing. Such pretty. Wow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The forseeable future is going to hold a lot of this: :bundle-of-joy_throwvertical:

TOPOS, Nekolf and Nick4305 like this.
  19. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

"Win some, loose some" as the old adage goes.

Loss:
    I've lost my brass bullit Fisher. It did serve me well daily for the short spell i had it. I'm cosindering stepping my pen game up, tactical pens do intrigue me because i think the weight might actually feel nice to write with (i love top heavy ballpoints, curves do themselves!) but thus far none have inspired me. I'd gladly buy a knife online based on info and visuals only, i'd never pay for a pen i hadn't touched first...

Wins:
    This goes out to cityofthesouth! Lookie here what your organizationally challenged stalke- i mean forum buddy had "put in a clever place so i don't loose it". Sometimes i :censored: love what i klutz i can be!

[​IMG]

It's back! Double facepalms bonanza and joyful merryment!

20. cityofthesouth

Niiiiiiice. Glad you found it - that is always a relief. It's looking great too.

MinistryOfTruth likes this.