1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Ministry of Truth - EDC, gear, mods & musings

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by MinistryOfTruth, Jul 9, 2014.

1. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

MinistryOfTruth Uber Prepared

Wanted to do this for a long time and kept putting it off but so, here goes. Bit of an underwhelming start but this is "everyday" carry, everyday life is underwhelming from time to time right? So, im keepin it real. Fo sho.

Tonight im in the cave/shop painting stuff for work and no pockets. This is what i came up with, been trying not to splash it with paint, knife got a few spots but thats just additional character :D

[​IMG]

Forgot to cut the tag on this, my Maxfad died off quickly even before reading up on their "tactics". I got it ways back before i found this here place and its bulky, uncomfortable and rides like its going to come off at any second. I do not recommend this product for any other occasion than "im too lazy to change pants", it simply wont stay in place.

Only mp thing that sees use is my gear retractor that keeps me from locking myself out of my house. Even the fatboy is too much fuss for small rewards imho.

Last edited by MinistryOfTruth, Jul 10, 2014
    Nice, Nekolf, Gwac110 and 13 others like this.
  2. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Mailman brought me a real treat from my man City of the South!
    Seen here with trusty BM. Now back to work!

[​IMG]

Nice, Nekolf, Gwac110 and 17 others like this.
  3. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

This thread is going to be more than strict EDc, also nice gadgets and general photos, stuff, thingamajigs etc. Y'know?

4. cityofthesouth

cityofthesouth Loaded Pockets

Sounds like a plan to me. I think folks around here just like to see pics of cool stuff. It's crazy to think of how far away that wallet is.

MinistryOfTruth and JerryD like this.
  5. JerryD

JerryD Loaded Pockets

That micarta wallet is quite awesome.

MinistryOfTruth and T.H.Cone like this.
  6. de Vries
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

de Vries EDC Junkie!!!

I like your nickname.
    Subscribed of course.

7. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

It is a cool username, but I'm not even going to post for fear it is the real Ministry of Truth and I don't want to pop up on big brother's radar. PS- I too really like the wallet.

Oh, poo! I just posted. Better run and hide.

MinistryOfTruth likes this.
  8. Jerry L

Jerry L EDC Junkie!!!!!

Nice wallet

9. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Thanks guys, and btw, i'll be watching you.

Shawn Ogg and T.H.Cone like this.
  10. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

I'm basically the same, besides general purpose of monitoring for Ye Large Sibling (no special acronym).

And the wallet is great, holds the cards very well and rides well in pockets and compartments. Also no mess, my old billfolder kept vandalizing notebooks, papers etc. Its a fair distance, it was a bit homesick so i took it to look at where the Atlantic meets the Baltic and its all good now :)

cityofthesouth likes this.
  11. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

:frantic:

12. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

:rofl:

13. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Pocket dump from "early" this morning, after a good friends wedding. Sorry for the shoddy quality but i felt it was due for upload. I could still walk but not in a straight line, still decided to try a dump-pic :)

[​IMG]

Keys w/ boker vox tool, COTS wallet, d25a, case baby doc (for managing cigars), prettymaker, stunner shades and my one true ATC (all times carry): snus.

Nekolf, Gwac110, SurvivePenna and 4 others like this.
  14. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

No work today :cool:

[​IMG]

Ok i realize this wont do in the long run, i have to step my photo game up. I have a camera, i have some ideas for pics i think you guys might like, so ante up then. Tomorrows daily will npt be shot with my stupid pad or phone, resolution is :C

jeepfreak38, Nekolf, Gwac110 and 6 others like this.
  15. de Vries
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

de Vries EDC Junkie!!!

Just make sure you have plenty of light when shooting pics with your phone. And take a couple and pick the best one.
    By the way, how do you like your Böker access tool?

16. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

You're absolutely right, its just that the only good light i have is in the kitchen and horribly placed so either you get the pile of dishes in the background or its all a game of shadows. I was hoping to finally start using my nikon a bit more often, feel stupid having a nice machine just sitting around :)

I like it a lot! Especially for the two things i've used it for the most, that is opening cans of paint and opening bottles.
    Its minimalist enough for keychain duty but lacks a dedicated bit-slot IMHO.
    Are you considering getting one?

Its a bit fidgety to pull nails with but its ok, works great for small screws, larger ones tend to get all chewed for me. Havent tried using the middle hole to twist nuts or bits, cant really say anything there. Glass breaker is, thank heavens, as of yet unused - but im glad its there should the need arise!
    The carabiner style spring is very practical, and just a tad too hard so it wont unhook by mistake, but its not easy to unhook it on purpose either.
    I was considering swithcing it up for the bulkier Schrade tool wich has more options, but i gotta figure out how to attach it without adding even more bulk or lenght. The Böker fits most of my few needs for now.

Keychains have two rules with me: as small as possible and no carving holes in my thighs or pockets. My first tries with the Schrade were discouraging.

Nick4305, Nekolf, Gwac110 and 2 others like this.
  17. de Vries
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

de Vries EDC Junkie!!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences with the Böker!
    Yes, I am considering one. The only thing keeping me from buying one is the price tag. 40$ is a bit steep just to try something. At least, that's my opinion.

18. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

Anytime bro!
    Yeah i agree, its not cheap!
    I got a little carried away when i first discovered prytools (bought this one and the Schrade at the same time) but i just knew i'd be using it daily and also save my knife tips and keys. Also, i've yet to be disproven in the "put the money on quality materials you enjoy" so for me it was totally worth it.

I mean to beat the living :censored: out of it since i figure its made for work and just the time i save by never looking around for a screwdriver or unfolding the MT is worth it. Reduces work time and clutter :)

Nick4305, Nekolf and de Vries like this.
  19. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

[​IMG]

As previously seen in the "ultralight" thread, todays incarnation of edc.
    Might switch the knife later as i'm in for some carpentry :)

Living in an urban area with a strangely high density of pharmacies and a fairly good ambulance response time, in the summertime i keep my carry to a skeleton OPC (as above but also phone and wallet) with variations adding stuff i knowlingly need or something i might need.

Nick4305, Nekolf, Antithetik and 3 others like this.
  20. Mr. Martines

Mr. Martines Loaded Pockets

Can you tell me what is the second "blade" on your Case Doc and what is it for? Thanks :)

MinistryOfTruth likes this.