1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Minimalistic wallet search

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by SBloke, Sep 11, 2008.

1. cl0123

cl0123 Loaded Pockets

godcode,

Thanks for the update. I just received a bright orange Jimi Wallet in the mail over the weekend and will give it a shot. However, in close inspection, the hinges do look a bit fragile.

With Aloha,

Clarence

2. Nephiel

Nephiel Loaded Pockets

My jimi wallet is still holding up quite well after 2 years or so of daily carry in rear right pocket.

After overstuffing it and then sitting on it, the tip of the clip on the money clip broke off, but since it was only the tip, the clip still works and holds bills/cards just fine. Hinges are intact.

3. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

Yup, thats the weakest part of the Jimi :(. That's why I don't put mine on my back pocket and won't stuff it full of cash (only place 3 folded cash in mine). I'm hoping the Jimi maker would release a stainless steel Jimi but with an outer money clip just like the Jimix. Then this may be my ultimate wallet :roof:...

4. gcstct

gcstct Loaded Pockets

Great wallet. I've carried a Dopp Regatta 88 for going on four years. Even though it shows no signs of wearing out, I recently ordered two more just in case it gets discontinued. Highly recommended. Currently on sale at eBags, too. Buy one to encourage Dopp to keep them in circulation.

5. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

I learned about this wallet listening to Clark Howard's radio show and I ordered one. Its really tiny and thin yet holds quite a lot. Its made of thin nylon Spinnaker sail material. It is the ALL-ETT Billlfold. Check out the website www.ALL-ETT.com

6. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

Anyone have this wallet?

I'm talking about the one called "European leather" I don't think I've seen a bi-fold leather wallet with those small of dimensions with a full size money slot.

Any thoughts on this one guys?

7. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Empty Pockets

I've been using the Wagner Swiss Wallet for over a year now and have found it to be the best solution for my tastes and needs so far. I've a drawer full of wallets and money clips, but thus far this one has addressed my wants/needs. It is very well made and I have found it to be very durable.

[​IMG]

It comes in several colors and I also highly recommend the web-retailer at this link: Knifeworks - Wagner Swiss Wallet

YMMV

8. halvdan7

halvdan7 Loaded Pockets

9. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

I have used these Marsupials as well, and love them. Another recent Chisco design is the Board Short Wallet, which I like even better. It has an ID window, two zipper pouches and the same keychain attachment with an open pouch. Very nice...it is in my pocket right now!

10. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

11. vermeire

vermeire Loaded Pockets

How easy is it to get cards out of these small zippered wallets? Do they hang up or are they pretty easy?

12. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

Very easy...the zipper pockets are slightly larger than the cards.

13. jrbrangi

jrbrangi Loaded Pockets

I went through 2 All-etts European wallets in 2 months, both tore in the corner where the cards are inserted. I must say though, wonderful Customer service. The replacement was sent out immediately, then when it tore again I was imediately issued a refund. So overall I would give them another shot if they came out a more reinforced version, because hands down was the slimmest, most comfortable wallet I've carried.

14. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

After seeing all the Urban Wallets around here, I made the decision to get one. But then I stopped and remembered that I had a SOB Organizer that might accomplish almost the same thing. So I tried it out and it seems to be working pretty good. Inside I have my iPod Touch 2G w/ ear buds, wallet with 3 cards (DL, Visa, medical card), bandanna, & Chap Stick. In the outer mesh I have my Zebra F-301 Compact, and my SAK Spartan. I can fit my Emerson SOCFK in the mesh as well, but I feel better having it clipped to my pocket. And as an added bonus, I have enough room to clip my Surefire 6P in the same pocket as the organizer.

15. Gorden Gekko

Gorden Gekko Empty Pockets

I have a leather "Mission Wallet" that I've had for several years. Super strong and no problems.

Link: www.bladeart.com

16. turbo chicken

turbo chicken Empty Pockets

this is what i use ... cept i took off the snaps(made it kind of thick) and replaced them with velcro ...

more recently i use my gerber ridge as a money clip ...

17. MrVanimal

MrVanimal Empty Pockets

I have the 4 dollar Wal Mart credit card holder too which I use to store cards that I don't normally keep in my wallet. I was thinking of using it as a everyday wallet too but thought it was too thick as well. I'm gonna remove the snaps too and do velcro. I never thought of that!

18. snailmeat

snailmeat Loaded Pockets

19. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

What are the dimensions on it?

I love fossil but haven't seen that anywhere where fossils are sold.

Thanks for posting because that seems like the perfect wallet for me! I hope.....

20. snailmeat

snailmeat Loaded Pockets

I just measured against an online ruler and its 9.5cm long by 7cm high. This is when it is folded. Hope this helps.