1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Minimalistic wallet search

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by SBloke, Sep 11, 2008.

1. mrsean2k

mrsean2k Empty Pockets

Just to chip in, I recently bought a Tommy Hilfiger front pocket wallet that has a number of CC slots, a money clip, and a centre pocket, identical to this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOMMY-HILFIGER-GENUINE-MONEY-CLIP-WALLET-LEATHER-BNWT_W0QQitemZ130283440686QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMen_s_Accessories_UK?hash=item130283440686&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1685|66%3A4|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

For my purposes, totally bloody useless.

After putting 2 cards in one side, it's impossible to get anything other than a sliver of tissue paper in the other slots or the centre pocket.

Meh.

2. froldt

froldt Loaded Pockets

I've been carrying an unknown wallet for a couple of years now. It's a small two-piece from Wilson's Leather (so deduced from the engraving on it). It is one small sleeve (perfect sized to hold a number of credit cards) that slides into a slightly larger sleeve. On the inside I carry my less used ID's and backup credit card, along with insurance and what-nots. On the outside sleeve I carry my driver's license, bank card and cash (folded in fourths).

It's less than half the size of my old bi-fold, fits more than I actually need, and I don't even notice it's there.

3. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

I use a business card holder as a wallet. It isn't titanium, just steel, but it works. Holds 4 plastic cards and a few business cards. If I need to I can fold a $20.00 to fit in it also, but I usually don't have any cash on me.

4. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

5. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

6. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

Ive had one of these for a week:
    http://www.design-go.com/en/detail_38894.html

The clip isnt as tight as a designated money clip, but it holds one sheet of paper securely so its not a problem and ive been carrying my two cards, a few plasters and a few other bits and pieces like that inside the pouch and it is still roomy. The thing is like a tardis, lol. The pouch is designed to hold cards with very little wiggle once it does (i carry two, but it would easily take 5 i reckon) and the zip makes it very secure (though ive not lost a card from a wallet int he past tbh).

Ive also tried carrying it clipped inside my pocket with notes inside as it was designed, which is pretty secure if you were out running or out hitting a club on the weekend or something like that (and doesnt stand out wearing jeans as the clip is covered in denim) and is a solid way to carry if you have little cash on you.

Im liking it so far, ive no idea if it will stand up to the rigors of use like a leather wallet or the metal ACM wallet i have used in the past as the pouch is some kind of fabric, but the clip and front is denim coated so that should help it a lot i guess. Either way at £6 delivered (about $10) its a lot cheaper than many alternatives to it and its VERY minimal.

If i could find that exact wallet but in leather or some other very tough material itd be perfect, but right now im digging the Pouch. Ill put a gear review of it when i have it a bit longer and get some real use out of it.

7. ajacobs

ajacobs Loaded Pockets

I believe it was this one

8. DemskeetSkeet

DemskeetSkeet Loaded Pockets

That is pretty slick! I like back pocket carry so I must say it wouldn't work for me but I've never seen anything like it before!

Thanks for sharing that!

Take care
    -Matt

9. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

That is very cool. Im 99% sure my card isnt RFID tagged, but if it were id want something to block the signal. :censored: scary how easy it is to rob people cos of it.

10. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just received the item today! Seems sturdy enough to hold my cards and cash... will have to try it out for a week... :roof:

11. Gothic_Coop

Gothic_Coop Loaded Pockets

That would be a good club wallet.

12. bugsy714

bugsy714 Empty Pockets

great thread! I've been looking to downsize my wallet and I think one of these is gonna be my new edc

13. cl0123

cl0123 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for posting the images. So, how does it work so far? Do the metal corners dig into any fabrics or any other issues with it?

With Aloha,

Clarence

14. phill

phill Loaded Pockets

15. Cold Flame
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Cold Flame Loaded Pockets

Not sure if you've seen these or not (didn't see it above), but this is a really unique product:

Money Clamp (redirects to here)

I'm about to get one... a coworker of mine has one and is loving it. Very comfortable in his pocket and he's able to take as much (within reason obviously) as he wants or as little as he wants.

There are multiple varieties/finishes and it really is very snug. Having looked at my friends, I don't see how anything could foreseeably fall out of it unless it wasn't clamped correctly.

16. cl0123

cl0123 Loaded Pockets

I bought the Geneva Mesh and the Mini Silver-Ti clamps recently. They came in nice boxes and the fit and finish are great. However, I am still carrying the All-Ett wallet that was purchased at about the same time. The metal money clips with the leather pouch are quite a bit heavier than the leather All-Ett wallet. Although lately I have been thinking about separating my cash with license (into a clip) from the credit cards (into an All-Ett), or basically converting to a two wallet approach. :shrug: definitely defeating the "minimalist" purpose....

With Aloha,

Clarence

17. Tyson

Tyson Empty Pockets

For about 3 years my wallet was literally a bulldog clip. I just carried all my plastic cards and notes held together by the clip. I carried coins in my pocket.

This was the minimalist I could get, but the problem I found was that overtime your cards get 'dirty' and looked well 'used'.

It still worked very well though, and forced you to not carry a junkload of stuff in your wallet.

18. Fighthard

Fighthard Empty Pockets

JIMI wallet, broke it in...

I got a JIMI wallet for EDC and thought I would give it a chance. I usually carry about five credit card size/ID cards with me and ten or so bills of various denominations.

The JIMI instructions say don't overstuff the JIMI, well they mean it. I filled it to the recommended capacity and after about 1 1/2 months of daily carry the plastic hinge that holds it locked started to tear at both corners from being operated 10-15 times a day.

Now it is broken after 2 months of daily use. I liked the size just not the performance.

I now have gone back to a leather folding magnetic clip. It works as well and I don't think the two layers of leather will break anytime soon.

YMMV

19. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

Hello dude! After a weeks use of these, I went back to my good ol' Jimi wallet.
    My problems with this one -
    1. The metal corners do dig in to the pockets fabric of your pants.
    2. I find it quite uncomfortable when taking one card out. Perhaps I'm just used to the Jimi's easy thumb slide when taking out my ATM or cred.
    3. The topmost card you place on this wallet will definitely wearout fast esp. the corners since its quite exposed.

My current setup:
    The Jimi for all my 5 cards - ATM, SSS, Health, DL, Psalm 91.
    Coin purse for cash and coins and tiny papers (todo lists, receipts)

I'm also planning to replace the Jimi with a leather one. I'm planning to do a DIY makr one-pocket wallet one day.

20. Bo

Bo Empty Pockets