1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Minimalist sling bag for pistol CCW

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by CrazyEd, Oct 15, 2020.

1. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Empty Pockets

First time poster - thanks in advance for any feedback. I'm looking for a minimalist sling bag to hold a small pistol (Sig P365 at the small end, but maybe periodically a full size pistol), and maybe a few other items. I'd prefer a gray approach (no Molle), so I've looked at the Nutsac Man-Bag Dammit. The MBD seems a bit more like a purse/murse, and not really set up for holding a pistol. Should I change my thoughts on the sling, or are there other suggestions? I took a quick look online at the Maxpedition Lochspyr, and while it seems closer to what I'm seeking, I'd love it with the materials from Nutsac instead of the nylon.

2. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

Google:
    Cache L1 Concealed Carry Shoulder Bag

I found these on tactical geek. Look better than the one I got from China a while ago that I still use. Easy to wear driving under a jacket.

3. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Empty Pockets

Thank you very much. I found the Cache and it’s a bit larger and tactical than I’m seeking. Another item that is closer to what I want is the Bellroy Mini Sling. Maybe I just need to get something like that and see if I can tweak it so it has an interior Kydex holster or other pistol retention system?

4. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Take a look at the Vanquest Carbide-8 and Carbide-12. I just picked up the Carbide-8 to use as a grab & go for quick trips to the store, restaurant, etc. Might be what you’re looking for.

5. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Empty Pockets

Thanks. I feel like Goldilocks - that Carbide 8 looks pretty cool, but it’s about 2x as big as the Bellroy Mini, which is the closest *for looks and size* that I’m seeking.

6. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I hadn't looked at the Bellroy Mini till just now. I see what you're going for. I don't have one, but the Vanquest Dendrite-Large is similar to the Bellroy. 4L and can be worn as a sling. It is CCW capable, but does say for sub-compacts.

CrazyEd likes this.
  7. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Empty Pockets

Awesome - looking into these now, but my initial reaction is that this, or the small, may be perfect.

twin63 likes this.
  8. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Check out the Vertx Tourist or Essential sling.

Vertx makes some great stuff. Purpose-driven, off-body carry bags.

9. CrazyEd

CrazyEd Empty Pockets

Thanks. I’ve had my eye on the Tourist for a while, but for different reasons (as well as a few of their larger bags that would hold a rifle). They both look great but a *bit* large for this purpose.

10. Blaker55

Blaker55 Loaded Pockets

If you like Nutsac, look further into them. They make a bag designed for EDC weapons with holster and molle inside the bag (if I remember correctly). Nutsac Tacsac 11” and 13”.