1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Minimal EDC for mileage run

Discussion in 'Travel' started by jomalley, Oct 27, 2017.

1. jomalley

jomalley Loaded Pockets

I travel cross-country about a week a month, and have a decent load out for that in a Vanquest Trident 20.

Tomorrow, I'm doing a short mileage run, so that I will have highest tier on my airline for a family vacation at Christmastime.

As I'm driving to the airport, flying for a couple of hours, hanging out at that airport, and flying home, I'm not bringing the Trident 20. My activities will largely be listening to music off my phone, and reading on the Kindle. There may be brunch at some point. :)

I'm going to just have my on-person carry: smartphone, space pen, wallet, watch, Fenix LD-15 flashlight, keys, and a Gerber Dime Travel.
    And added in my jacket pockets: Kindle, Bluetooth Earbuds, charge cable, pocket notebook, 2-pack Advil, wet wipe, RX Bar, and a USB charger.

Thoughts? Too much?/too little?

I'm debating on the Gerber Dime Travel, whether it's worth having, given the planned activities/locations for the day, versus the potential hassle at the TSA checkpoint.

Joe

2. _mg_

_mg_ Loaded Pockets

IFAK?

#2 _mg_, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
    jomalley likes this.
  3. jomalley

jomalley Loaded Pockets

Good point. I have a couple of bandaids and an alcohol prep pad in my wallet. Given the environment I'm going to be in, I was thinking I would skip the boo-boo kit, but I'm reconsidering, and will probably put an Altoids Tin PFAK in my jacket.

Joe

4. lnytunes

lnytunes Loaded Pockets

I travel with the the Gerber Dime sometimes. TSA did take it out to inspect and eventually (though reluctantly) gave it back and let me go on my merry way. All I have to say is that if they decided they want to keep it they will. I'm usually prepared to leave anything that TSA deems questionable with them if necessary.

5. jomalley

jomalley Loaded Pockets

And the end result? I ended up needing the PFAK.

I reached down into my pocket, and ended up catching the split ring on the clip that my keys hang from, driving it up under my fingernail by more than a quarter inch, causing it to bleed like a mother.

So, I’m glad I added that back. Overall, a success.

I’m off to Boston tomorrow, so my Trident 20, and all its stuff, is gong with me.

Joe

RoadWizard likes this.
  6. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@jomalley: Happy Trails....!

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David