1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Miniature War Gaming

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by freedoom, Mar 14, 2010.

1. freedoom

freedoom Loaded Pockets

Miniature war gaming is one of my hobbies, warmachine and malifaux are what i am playing now. I spent this weekend at a convention in PA and noticed quite a few people with man-bags and knives clipped to their pockets. So i'm curious who else on the boards is into being a tabletop general?

2. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

used to be for a couple of years when I was about 12-14years old (so about 3 years ago now). warhammer 40000 was my chosen system.
    I stopped due to the expense (£15 for a basic squad of 10 plastic footsoldiers, anything up to £40 for plastic vehicles, more for the fancy resin or metal models), and the fact I was enjoying the painting and modeling more than the gaming itself. I went back to making Airfix models, which are just as enjoyable (for me) and somewhat cheaper.

plus warhammer had, for me, an aura of extreme nerdisty around it, although I strongly suspect this has more to do with my friends who also played (to the point of obsession, and in one case I'm fairly sure he forgot it was a game) rather than an honest representation of the majority of people who play.

3. crossroads

crossroads Empty Pockets

I never really got into it, but do have a few models of Uruk-hai from the Warhammer LOTR series maybe 4 or 5 years ago. It's pretty cool, but like phaser said, is expensive as heck for what you get.

4. Leif

Leif Empty Pockets

I don't play miniatures, but I love playing traditional hex-and-counter wargames. Mainly 20th century warfare, tactical through grand strategic.