1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Mini Wallet

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Thukydides, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Thukydides

Thukydides Loaded Pockets

Are you really wearing a skirt? I'm running up 1.2 km Y-axis, so I guess leather unfortunately is an issue.

2. Thukydides

Any others?

3. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I do have Scottish ancestry, but no, it's just an expression :bounce:

Thukydides likes this.
  4. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I can't personally recommend them, but I recently stumbled across the Anti-Gear Anti-Wallet. I sort of like the idea of alternating elastic bands with no awkward seams along the edge, but I have no idea how well the product actually functions or holds up. I'm not really feeling the "Key Hitch" across the top of the wallet, though.

On a separate note, I am fascinated by the Anti-Gear ClingR Card, which unfortunately seems to be out of production.

Thukydides likes this.
  5. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

I've been using a All-Ett nylon sport wallet for years now. It works like a normal billfold (the Sport one), not a "front pocket wallet"; yet is thinner and lighter than probably all the other wallets in this thread.

The sacrifice for this is durability - it has a lifespan measured in single-digit years. For me it is worth the tradeoff.

6. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

I was using a DASH wallet for a while, it was decent, very thin material, lasted a couple years,
    Just got this Thread Wallet today, I liked that it had an eleastic pouch for bills, which were too hard to get in and out of the DASH.
    This has 10 bills in it. The slots for cards are TIGHT though, very tight, hoping it loosens up over time.
    [​IMG]

Wes Lee and FiaOlleDog like this.
  7. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Tight is good when they're new. They loosen up like baseball glove. Looks like your bills are only folded once...I like that, if that's the case. Having to fold them three times is a pain & a deal-breaker.

8. jtice

jtice Loaded Pockets

Yea my DASH wallet was really tight when new also, almost this tight.
    Sadly, the bills are tri folded :( I also hate tri folding bills, but all the wallets that let you just fold them in half seemed so much larger.

9. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

My Dopp allows single fold plus ID window and a separate pocket for voter ID, etc. and is only marginally larger, but I get where you're coming from. I'm willing accept the small difference in width to accommodate single fold & keep the wallet as thin as possible, but it's all personal choice.

10. Thukydides

Probably coins would be an issue, I agree that the Key Hitch isn't really needed for my future wallet.

11. Thukydides

Like that one, except for the keyring.

12. Thukydides

Nice design, but: Coins.

13. Thukydides

Too bad, it's out of production. Fascinating.

14. Thukydides

Keep 'em coming.

15. versitalex

versitalex Empty Pockets

Allett recently came out with a Nylon Small Coin Wallet that looks pretty good.

I have their Nylon ID Wallet which has been working well in my front pants pocket. I'm a year-round cyclist, and the material has seen lots of sweat without issue. I don't want to have to delicately fold bills, so I like that it has a bill pocket that's divided that makes it easy to separate bills and receipts. However, I'm finding that I don't like ID windows since bars and restaurants always ask me to take my ID out anyways. Also, I've had all of the cards fall out a couple times (only when folded open), so I figured card storage that faces in towards the fold would help with that.

The Nylon Small Coin Wallet seems to fix both of those problems. I like that is has a nice pocket for coins, a safety pin, etc. I do wish it came in different colors though.

16. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I have been using a Maxpedition micro wallet for the last few years which has served me well.

I bought this as pretty much the smallest wallet I could find - it is only really designed for cards, but I have found it works well holding cards on the inside (I have ~5 in mine) with some folded up notes in the outside card pocket.

The downside is that it doesn't hold any change, but I wasn't really able to find anything that would carry coins without getting much larger (and importantly for me, thicker). As a option, something like this wallet paired with a small coin pouch (someone must make a small canvas zipped coin pouch about the size of a credit card?) would give you some options for how to carry it, and the option to ditch the coins or keep them in a separate pocket when needed.

I also have some change kept in the car that is held in a small neoprene camera pouch which keeps everything neat and tidy (and most importantly, I had sitting around when I was looking for something to stop change rolling about...)

17. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Not sure in your neck of the woods, but here in US, there are luggage and leather goods shops in the malls that usually have various sorts of coin pouches that work well. Also take a look at Etsy.com....

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

FiaOlleDog likes this.
  18. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets