1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Mini pry bars

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by 2die4, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Seed808

Seed808 Empty Pockets

This is an awesome post and reason why I love the forums. Making useful things out of almost everyday items, and converting it to something that could be even more useful. Take this over the costly gear any day. Especially how easy they are to lose :p

One of my favorites for sure. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by Seed808, Sep 25, 2012
    BenjaminDuncan and boyo17 like this.
  2. metropolicity

metropolicity Loaded Pockets

I use mine to pull out and push in t-pins into my many rolls of webbing.

Cornholio2188 likes this.
  3. snafu9

snafu9 Loaded Pockets

I got Pico Widgy Bar and i use it for my nails. (Cleaning... better than 58mm vic imo)

4. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Ohhhh, get ready for picture spam. Something arrived in the mail today a bit earlier than expected! It is supposed to be butt naked, but I think Mr. STR makes so many that he forgot to leave the wrap off mine. :p Will change that shortly.

[​IMG]

Had a picture of the sticker on the back. But don't like how the forum software upsizes cropped pictures. It looks huge! Will get back to it.

[​IMG]

Please note that I specifically requested mine unfinished. Have to take the 'cord off to see if the rest looks as gritty. :D

5. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

STR Ti is topnotch! whether you're talking fine prybars, or fine lowrider pocket clips.

Love every one of mine.

6. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

Okay, took off its clothing. Here it is, STR butt naked prybar! With its paracord beneath it. I almost want to go back to work early just so I can look for an excuse to use it. :D I'm sure a beer will cure that, shortly.

[​IMG]

e2dwml and SAKplumber like this.
  7. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

Have never seen an STR in the raw...w/lettering still visible, from the sheet of Ti!

Very cool.

8. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

He had a post on his blog mentioning them but removed it due to lack of interest. I was the only one dumb enough to email him about it and order one, after he removed the post. At the time I thought I was going crazy (remembering things that aren't there). Because of that, it is probably the only one you will see. :p

Gnarly likes this.
  9. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

How much can they withstand (cc)? Im thinking to what level can you abuse it.. I want a small prybar my self, but due to import taxes and so on i can only afford one in my budget, so i would like to hear if any one have made any thoughts on if curved or straight is best, i will not use it to pull nails, but to pry open stuff and alternative to thumbnail

10. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

My STR's have been thoroughly torture tested.
    Repeatedly.
    Oldest one is prob'ly 5 yrs old.
    Rub it w/ mineral oil & steel wool....can't tell it from new.

If yer gonna only own ONE..... this is it.
    Slight curve.

11. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

You are possible right about the slight curve, it will be easyer to get leverage when prying things

12. wildborego

wildborego EDC Junkie!!!!!

its more of a blade saver then anything else

SAKplumber likes this.
  13. bal

bal Empty Pockets

I just don't get a 3-4-5 inch prybar I can do most light tasks with a mutitools flat head screwdriver. I've a stanley bonsai bar (its about 10 inch) at work If I needed to pry open a door or pry some screws out I'd need to use a hammer with it as leverage isnt that great, at work that I use every day with a hammer and at times it's still a struggle and have to get a bigger crowbar.

It looks to me a nice looking piece of kit that can take the strain and stop you breaking your more expensive tools but try breaking into your shed with one of these prybars. You will find you need a hammer,brick,scaf pole to aid it plus all the helping tools would get the job done quicker themselfs, or just kick it down.

Now I'm thinking I'm missing something so many have got them but I need a reason why for EDC. Please someone tell me why I should have one? I want one but I only paint at home whare Ive got tools to pry a tin open, I don't meet many creates or doors that I want to open when outside home or work

14. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I keep a micro widgy bar on my keychain. It's come in handy for staples (at school and at tradeshows) and opening boxes. It's easier to access than opening up say my Victorinox tools. And I would rather not subject my Vic to prying anything anyhow. :)

That... and it's just cute. It also opens pop cans for me so I don't have to worry about breaking my nails or something.

15. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

i´ll test the exduct minitool thingies before christmas. i wonder what they´ll feel like

16. Cornholio2188

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

Atwood Pest, Navy Cui 2003, EOD Breacher (not mini), SAK screwdriver/bottle opener piece, tt pocket skull 2, p 38...

Want a STR.

Use all of them for opening keyrings to remove/add..add leverage to open glued boxes, scraping, poking, "screwdriving", opening soda tabs, and replacing everything that involves using fingernails.

17. Cornholio2188

Str deserves a lot more attention than the real pretty mini one piece tools and the county comms...

18. Gnarly
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gnarly Loaded Pockets

You simply must own an STR Titanium Prybar, sir.

If you need further incentive to buy:

...did I mention it's Titanium?....super lightweight....too small NOT to carry...and both mine have proved to be indestructible, so far.

19. Idaho Gunslinger

Idaho Gunslinger Loaded Pockets

I'll be looking at buying the 3 in Widgy here soon, or making an equivalent. I really want to try to build an IG PMP variant of Eric's epic mod.

20. Cornholio2188

Gnarly-you are the MAN! So, of course I believe you. And of course-I need to buy one!