1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Mini pry bars

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by 2die4, Jan 18, 2012.

1. ace19636

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

Yeah they are built like tanks I had the same super tinker in my pocket for 10 years and it never failed me on any of my prying tasks.

vegassprky and Brtsmpsn like this.
  2. kleibs

kleibs Loaded Pockets

The reason I bought the prybar was because I had a SAk for years and broke it by accident. I replaced it with a prybar because I was afraid of losing another one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vegassprky, Brtsmpsn and Gallows like this.
  3. sino2

sino2 Loaded Pockets

I use my Doohickey not much often,but when i do,its a task my knife couldn't,e.g recently, a parkticketautomat was blocked with stucked coins in it.I used the doohickey to punch the coins in the machine.I would never done this with my knife(but the machine was nevertheless fauly)

vegassprky and Brtsmpsn like this.
  4. sherbel1000

sherbel1000 Loaded Pockets

I have a Gerber Shard and love it. I think it counts as a pry bar. I use the flat head on it quite a bit. Pretty handy. i wrapped para-cord around it and its much more comfy to use but adds some bulk.

Used it yesterday to open my car door that was FROZEN shut. Jammed the shard in the door and hit it really hard. Door flung open and the shard was fine. I thought it would have some negative bending but nope! just lost a little paint witch is fine

Last edited by sherbel1000, May 10, 2015
    quickster47 and Brtsmpsn like this.
  5. johnny five

johnny five Loaded Pockets

I love little pry bars or any Pry bar for that matter. With my small bars I open pop cans open boxes open plastic clam shells use it as a screw driver scrape paint and adhesive residue pull nails out of walls also remove screw anchors out of walls they are real handy in my opinion and no I have never broken a knife tip from prying. Because of always having a pry bar handy I won't leave the house without one on me.

quickster47, Brtsmpsn and Doraemon like this.
  6. gurdygurds

gurdygurds Loaded Pockets

EDB how are you liking your raw mini ti pry? Are you glad you went with the unfinished version? This is the only one I've seen and I dig the look so much I just ordered one unfinished from Steve and linked this pic.

7. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

gurdygurds How's that for a flashback (been almost four years). Hopefully you told him I get a referral credit :p I liked mine the few years I got to use it. Guess I used it a lil too much? It was lost at work and never returned; not that I had my name on it but we do have a lost & found specially for tools. It was fun watching it wear, almost considered anodizing it just to accentuate some of the scars it had.

Have wanted to replace it for some time, that and my STR lowrider clip for my Domino (snapped it at the bend, also on the job) but I need other things more. Namely boots, not absolute but can't keep putting those off. These two are out-of-pocket as work does issue screwdrivers etc but they aren't as handy.

Been making due with a CountyComm mini pry bar. The steel is nice but I really did prefer the STR. Next time I'd probably get it straight-edged not v-ground.

8. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I have been wicked happy with my Ti. custom prybar. [​IMG]

brokenoldman likes this.
  9. gurdygurds

gurdygurds Loaded Pockets

Dude that stinks! I have some County Comm bars coming as well so I can compare. Thanks for the response. Wish you still had it see some photos of how it has worn over the years. If I come across an easy $40 I will send a new bar your way brother!

EveryDayBeer likes this.
  10. darkpsyche

darkpsyche Loaded Pockets

Any recommendations for a pry bar that
    1. Has a keychain loop
    2. 2.5"-3" length
    3. 1/4" and 4mm hex driver
    4. Ruler (metric and imperial)
    5. Flathead screwdriver
    Does one exist?