1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Mini keychain lights

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by NeverAnonymous, Jun 16, 2012.

1. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

NeverAnonymous Loaded Pockets

I wanted to make a thread dedicated to keychain lights. Hopefully it won't get moved to the flashlight section, but if it does, no harm done.

2. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

Right now I have a life+gear mini light from target for $2. Works great! Super bright in little to no light conditions. You'd be surprised how bright 8 lumins really is.

herosemblem likes this.
  3. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I used to carry around the MagLite Solitaire, but have since switched to a Gerber Tempo that I'd gotten in a pack that included a Mini Suspension and Paraframe since I'd wanted an LED light. It's been holding up strong. :)

One of these days when I feel (and am able) to toss some money around, I'll probably grab a Streamlite Nano. :D It's cute. Or perhaps a Fenix EL01 in purple.

4. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

Yea I want to upgrade to the stream light nano too, but I have had this life+gear one for literally 3 days so I think I can wait a bit.

5. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

I wasn't even aware that Life+Gear made small keychain ones. And geez, for $2.00? Was it on clearance or something? I usually don't see their products for less than $5.00 (though the "glow sticks" have gone on sale now and again).

Oh yeah, and I also own a few cheapo "fauxtons" from Meritline/Dealextreme. :)

6. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

Yea I don't know how the heack I got it for so cheap but they should have them at target... And the mini lights are new I think. Bet part about them? The have a cap on te end of it, so that if it in screws all the way in your pocket, it the batteries dot come out! (the tool to unscrew the cap comes on a super tiny split ring attached to the light.)

mooshisho likes this.
  7. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out. They don't seem to be much larger than the Streamlight Nano (if I'm looking at the specs of the correct one you're talking about). :D

8. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

Yea no problem! I actually was able to comparing them in person,and while the build quality is better in the streamlight, you can't beat the $2 price tag. And if you want to find them, their ether going to be with the flashlights, camping gear, or master locks. (in the walnut creek one (bay area) that's all the same isle).

mooshisho likes this.
  9. Argeus

Argeus Loaded Pockets

I have a 4sevens quark mini cr2 on my keychain. It's quite a light for the size and money. The high cri version that I have works as a nice complement to my larger lights with its more naturally tinted light.

10. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

I have a Speck zipper pull light, but on my keychain instead of a zipper. Pics and info here.

11. TarHeelBrit
    • In Omnia Paratus

TarHeelBrit Loaded Pockets

Mine is a Photon Rex. I like the variable light output and the flash and strobe functions. A real bonus was the rechargeable feature. I've had mine since Christmas and I'm still using the same D cell to charge it up.

12. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I am using one of these on my keychain right now too and I like it. It did come apart on me once. I used to unscrew it a little more then neccassary. Now I unscrew just enough that it isn't on, but will still momentary on if you push in the back. Since I carry my keys on my belt there is little chance of it turning on.

I just wish they made an ORANGE one. My keychain is slowly turning orange on me and this is one of the few silver things left;)

13. higbvuyb

higbvuyb Empty Pockets

+1

I've tried several different keychain lights but even small AAA or CR2 lights are a bit too big.
    This one is really tiny and you won't even notice that it's there until you need to use it. They're also cheap and simple enough you can put them anywhere and not worry about them breaking, etc.

14. catfishdan
    • In Omnia Paratus

catfishdan Loaded Pockets

I really like my e gear pico. I've carried it for almost a year with no problems. 10 bucks at rei.

15. KAMM
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

I need to get a light for my keychain. Who had two thumbs and feels like a noob!? THIS GIRL!

GHS and mooshisho like this.
  16. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

mooshisho likes this.
  17. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

+1 on the fenix's... I have an ld15 in my pocket

18. NeverAnonymous
    • In Omnia Paratus

[​IMG]

This is that light that I was talking about

herosemblem and mooshisho like this.
  19. Zac S.

Zac S. Loaded Pockets

I just got my FREE Coast G10 in the mail the other day. It seems pretty tough so far and its small enough to fit on a keychain. All you have to do it fill out some quick survey and pay a buck or two for shipping. Well worth it imo.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

20. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Not really a fan of the Uber tiny keychain models. If I had to pick one though, it would be the Photon Freedom model.

jag-engr likes this.