1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Mini Crescent Wrench anyone?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by pathwinder14, May 22, 2015.

1. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Available on Amazon for anyone in the US that might be tempted. Opens to 5/8"

ATB,
    Sam

loneslinger and fourSAK like this.
  2. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

I have various sizes of adjustable wrenches but really don't like them, they tend to round off stuff and have a hard time keeping the adjustment. Only use them if that's the only choice.

3. tattoo6.0

tattoo6.0 Loaded Pockets

Thats what i like about the Irega. Its precision ground with almost no play in the jaw and works very much like a fixed open end wrench. The difference between the cheap china Cressent type wrenches and these are night and day. You might change your mind if you got a nice adjustable wrench. But then again you might already have nice ones so who knows.

vegassprky likes this.
  4. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

I've got several American made , one German made, 2 Snap On and some ? Seems like now I need a Spanish one, :censored:.

5. tattoo6.0

tattoo6.0 Loaded Pockets

Chances are that your Snap On one is made by Irega or Bahco. Irega makes wrenches for a bunch of different companies including the new Channellock line of crescent type wrenches. I have a Snap On labeled wrench made by Irega and another Snap On labeled wrench made by Bahco. If you got to Iregas website and look at their wrenches and then compare them to some other brands you can tell they are the same wrench just with a different label on them.

vegassprky likes this.
  6. NKlamerus

NKlamerus Loaded Pockets

I carry one as well. Use it for rockwall events. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

The Snap Ons are the ones with the griping edges on the jaws. Will have to check out the sites, thanks.

8. kensington

kensington Loaded Pockets

I have a small Tekton in a bag along with a small Tekton hammer

9. loneslinger
    • Sponsor - Home Craftsman

loneslinger Loaded Pockets

I´ve ever kept a couple of 6" wrenches around but they arn´t really mini, just small.
    Then I found this thread and had to buy this.

[​IMG]DSC04565 by

I can´t say more than tattoo6.0 has already said -a really nice and precise tiny tool

WillAdams, Lorenzo and Nick4305 like this.
  10. premise

premise Loaded Pockets

Buy the Knipex and you'll be giving away all those other adjustables as gifts.

11. loneslinger
    • Sponsor - Home Craftsman

loneslinger Loaded Pockets

In fact I for one have both 5'' knipex pliers -cobra and pliers wrench.

They are more versatile than a crescent wrench, their jaws open wide for their size and are very pocketable.

But a 4'' crescent wrench isn´t just pocketable, it´s almost keychain size. It´ll fit in a pen slot or the side slots of a Leatherman seath.
    And they are just so cute!

12. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

I just hate this site. I've needed a 6" adjustable for a while and now I have a new brand to spend even more money on. :eek:

To keep from going completely broke I've established a 24 hour waiting period for myself before making any purchase. Not that it's likely to work, I'll probably just spend it all at once instead of spreading it out over weeks.:frantic:

ripjack13 likes this.
  13. ripjack13

ripjack13 Loaded Pockets

I don't need one either man...but somehow after viewing this topic, now I do....:oops:

14. Stryker

Stryker Loaded Pockets

I believe in the Knipex solution. I use the Knipex 002072V01 Mini Pliers in Belt Pouch (2 piece). The 6" Cobra pliers provide a secure grip at one end of a bolt and the 5" Pliers Wrench allows me to rapidly adjust the smooth parallel jaws to nuts up to 1". The cramming action of the pliers allows me a secure grip on the nut while turning it. By easing the tension on the grip I can move the pliers for another turn without completely moving the pliers away from the nut. Pricey, but worth it. See pic in avatar...

15. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

I use the 5" version of both but this is the way to go. You can even buy the set with a belt pouch

16. ripjack13

ripjack13 Loaded Pockets

There's a huge selection of these things. Any suggestion on the one that will last the longest, and not made in china....I'm looking for quality not quantity.

17. ghuns

ghuns Loaded Pockets

My dad always has 3 things in his pocket; a Case knife, a 4in crescent wrench, and a mini channel lock pliers.

Pretty sure he could rebuild a small block Chevy with just that.:D

WillAdams likes this.
  18. BIGDPREPS

BIGDPREPS Empty Pockets

[​IMG]

Well, I just had to do it since I am a tool nut. Just a $9 4 inch adjustable that opens to 5/8 inch and is slimmer and more solid, less slop in the jaws than Crescent. And a pair of Grip 4 inch slip joint pliers. Want a Knipex plier wrench or Cobra but I'm pretty broke.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

ran23 likes this.
  19. Zoltan Barfish

Zoltan Barfish Loaded Pockets

I've got a nice stainless one I carry in my drysuit pocket when diving to tighten up hoses etc. It's unbranded but I purchased it from a chandlery shop and it has a handy bottle opener on the end.

20. bj warkentin

bj warkentin Loaded Pockets

Buy the Knipex and be set for life. They are amazingly well built tools. I have a midsized Cobra and a couple pairs of the plier wrenches and have retired my adjustable wrenches.

BIGDPREPS likes this.