1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Midori Traveler Notebook (Passport Size)

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by TomWelch, May 21, 2014.

1. TomWelch

TomWelch Loaded Pockets

Does anyone use this Midori writing and organizing system?
    Do you have a USA supplier? Are there other alternative
    passport sized systems available?

Thank you

nikao likes this.
  2. A144
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

A144 Loaded Pockets

I recently ordered a black one and switched out the blank notebook for a grid and a weekly planner from gouletpens (no association, just a happy customer).

I've been keeping a weekly schedule of things I have to do in it. I will use it more once I start classes again for the fall to keep up with the weekly schedule as well as keep track of important due dates and exams.

I've had it a few weeks now and really like it. It fits comfortably in my left rear pocket (I carry my wallet RR pocket). I has started to develop some wear character, and I can't wait for it to break in some more. Unfortunately, it doesn't smell quite as good as it did when it arrived.

[​IMG]

nikao, Firemission and TomWelch like this.
  3. DavyJ

DavyJ Loaded Pockets

MyMaido has an outlet in the US. And welcome to the club!

nikao and TomWelch like this.
  4. foxmo

foxmo Loaded Pockets

I have two. The Star Ferry edition from Goulet Pens, and a brown one from Amazon. I haven't used the Star ferry one yet, but I LOVE the one I got from Amazon. I like the blank paper inserts, and have made my own from Rhodia dot grid paper once. Goulet has a great video of Midori notebooks. YouTube has some good videos too.

nikao and TomWelch like this.
  5. bullet08

bullet08 Loaded Pockets

and i find something new that i want.. i really need to get my priority straight. knife first... knife first...

nikao, TomWelch and thePlumbah like this.
  6. anthro-2010

anthro-2010 Loaded Pockets

Loving my Midori!!! Just added the planner and zipper organizer today, but plan to use the zipper pouch for my id and debit card when running in and out of meetings..
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nikao, foxmo, TomWelch and 1 other person like this.
  7. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

YankeeHotelFoxtrot Loaded Pockets

I got a Midori Passport "Traveler's Star Edition" for Dad's Day yesterday (notebook is Camel). I'll post pics when I begin using it later this week.

nikao, A144 and anthro-2010 like this.
  8. YankeeHotelFoxtrot

YankeeHotelFoxtrot Loaded Pockets

OK, here are a few photos of my new Midori "Traveler's Star Edition"; I was disappointed to see that my Ferry ticket had expired at the end of last year :p. Apologies for the occasional blurriness. I can't wait to begin using it. I received 2 additional notebooks and inserted one behind the default notebook.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bullet08

bullet08 Loaded Pockets

nice :)

nikao, w2edv and TomWelch like this.
  10. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys. I just read this thread an hour ago and now I have a whiskey purchase of 100$ worth of stationary. Don't get me wrong a good notebook gets me more excited than it should, but I do have a large collection of Field Notes already and two custom sheaths for them. Oh well I'm sure I'll love the Midori too and I did order all the bells-and-whistles and a few refills. So I shouldn't have to buy anything else for it for at least a year. It's expensive, reading these here forums.

nikao and w2edv like this.
  11. anthro-2010

Hope you enjoy it. Buy the weekly planner notebook insert and call it a needed career investment. I rationalized mine as a needed school organization investment. Lol

12. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

I rationalize mine as an addiction that I have no control over.

13. anthro-2010

The first step toward recovery is admitting your addiction.

nikao, w2edv and TomWelch like this.
  14. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

Who wants to recover?

nikao, w2edv and foxmo like this.
  15. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

Got my fix today! I love the thing. I put the ziplock bag, kraft paper pockets, two stick on pockets, graph paper notebook & a monthly calendar. The leather feels fantastic too. Midori makes a ton of stuff you can't find in the US as well, I was checking out a UK site last night and there was page after page of shwag.
    I never thought I'd be using Field Notes for ever but my mind is changed.

16. Replete

Replete Loaded Pockets

@MOD-u-LAR Buy a FN-sized Fauxdori! :p

But seriously, thread viewers, I am very much looking at a Fauxdori for myself (an FN-sized one, actually), and I wanna know about the benefits. Leather and patina, awesome, yes. I like that. But is it difficult to string things through a Midori - like, I see some people bisecting notebooks with the elastic, and I don't know how I feel about that. Is that a necessary thing? Really, my concerns are twofold:

1. Is the stringing system intuitive? Convenient? Easy to learn?
    2. Do people just toss these in their bags? I mean, they would develop patina that way, but I'm not carrying multiple notebooks for utility and then babying mine. I can't see me carrying these in a pocket - way too big.

nikao likes this.
  17. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

The system is intuitive, convenient (I just decided tonight to switch out the monthly planner for a second notebook and it took me longer to walk upstairs than to switch out the notebook), and super simple.
    As for the latter I can't speak for anyone else but I carry mine in my back pocket like a wallet-and a smallish wallet at that-and I have two notebooks, kraft paper pockets with plastic pocket stuck on the front and back and the zip lock/card holder in mine. So they are not too large at all.

nikao and Replete like this.
  18. bullet08

bullet08 Loaded Pockets

been using FN with Davis Leatherworks simple notebook cover for a week or so. no issue. the rubber band thing is rather simple. i keep it in my back pocket. but some shorts do not have deep enough back pocket for it, about 1/4-1/2" sticks out. others, it's well hidden.

i might try Midori later on, but at the moment, FN and DL cover works well for me for what i use the notebook for.

nikao likes this.
  19. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

Yeah. I thought Field Notes would be the last notebook I'd ever use too. I am happy to report though that Midori blows them out of the water. No lie. I have a bunch of Field Notes now that will sadly sit forever because the Midori is truly that much better. In fact I'm about to close up the computer and write in it now. See ya.

nikao, Replete and FlyersFanJV like this.
  20. MOD-u-LAR

MOD-u-LAR Loaded Pockets

Finally got some pics...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nikao and anthro-2010 like this.