1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

microstream mod

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by schrader, Feb 4, 2015.

1. schrader

schrader Empty Pockets

i came across the maglite solitaire and liked the size and the fact that it could take a split ring to fasten it to a key ring. problem was that it seems to dim considering all the new state of the art LED technology now. so i got a streamlite microstream that ride in my front hip pocket with a gerber lst magnum jr.

the microstream comes with a metal spring clip and a lanyard. neither of which ar emy preferred method of carrying. there seemed to be no acceptable way to attach a split ring toadd it to my key ring, so i drilled a small hole in the top of the spring clip, which is the perfect solution for adding the split ring.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. iangineer

iangineer Loaded Pockets

Be careful, that bend is where the clip failed on mine after only a few months. I ended up buying several extra from their site in case it happens again. Still love the light, though.

Here's how I added a ring to mine (I've got my Stylus Pro on me today but my Microstream is done the same way). I grabbed two different o-rings from my home brew kegging equipment. It takes a way a tad bit of carry depth, but it hasn't been an issue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Cody_2ZZ

Cody_2ZZ Loaded Pockets

Looks like a solid way to add functionality, so long as you don't ask too much of it.

ManVsLawn and thePlumbah like this.