1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Microcord Lanyard for earphones

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by Technicolor, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Technicolor

Technicolor Loaded Pockets

Hello,

So I recently bought a pair of Argon Bluetooth-earbuds. Unfortunately they don't come with any type of cable or lanyard between them. Looks sleek, but of course, it took only a few weeks before I lost one while taking a walk. Luckily found it in the bushes the next day, but now I'd like to prevent it from happening again and tie myself a little string going from one bud to the other. So, any ideas of how to solve this? From googling I'm thinking a two-strand wall knot would look nice, but I'm flexible. All the tutorials I've seen have one loop on one end, but I kind of need it to have a loop in each end. Any takers? Would be so grateful for some help.

[​IMG]

2. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Yeah, buy normal ear plugs. Or a head phone. With a cable. Simples...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

3. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

I wear Amazon Basics over the ear bluetooth headphones. Cheap, can hear your surroundings and not obstrusive.
    Wear skull candy in the ear phones when on a plane and ambient noise is high. They connect with a slim wire.

4. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I use 1mm black accessory cord with a multiple overhand sliding knot (look for the tutorial on YouTube) at each end.

I also include a nano-size McGizmo stainless steel gate clip to attach the lanyard to my dog tag necklace.

The small small diameter cord and the dark color keeps the lanyard low-profile; particularly when I drape it behind my neck.

This setup has functioned quite well at preventing the loss of my Bluetooth earbuds.

#4 0dBm, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  5. Technicolor

Gee thanks that's so helpful

6. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

I just don't get it. Buy wireless ear buds and then make your own wire, because otherwise you lose them. Just buy a pair with wires. Do you just buy that stuff because advertising tells you to, or do you think for yourself?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

7. Technicolor

Hm, that's a really good idea for how to do the loops. I would like some kind of braid in between though, just for the sake of fun :)

8. Technicolor

No, I bought them because they were a lot cheaper than the wired alternative I was looking at. But for all you know they could have been a gift, so why would you insult me like that? Why don't you just refrain from posting if you aren't able to help.

mrjam3s and rodia77 like this.
  9. Technicolor

Well, it took about 10 h but it got done. Could have been a LOT more consistent in the snake knot, but it's my first time working with 1.0 mm microcord, and that stuff is tiny. Finished off the ends with little turks-heads, but since the diameter is so small, you can barely see them. Either way, this will do for now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nick4305 likes this.
  10. TheGremlin

TheGremlin Loaded Pockets

Looks great

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk