1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Microcord Lanyard for earphones

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by Technicolor, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Technicolor

Technicolor Loaded Pockets

Hello,

So I recently bought a pair of Argon Bluetooth-earbuds. Unfortunately they don't come with any type of cable or lanyard between them. Looks sleek, but of course, it took only a few weeks before I lost one while taking a walk. Luckily found it in the bushes the next day, but now I'd like to prevent it from happening again and tie myself a little string going from one bud to the other. So, any ideas of how to solve this? From googling I'm thinking a two-strand wall knot would look nice, but I'm flexible. All the tutorials I've seen have one loop on one end, but I kind of need it to have a loop in each end. Any takers? Would be so grateful for some help.

[​IMG]

2. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

Yeah, buy normal ear plugs. Or a head phone. With a cable. Simples...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

3. Banzboy

Banzboy Loaded Pockets

I wear Amazon Basics over the ear bluetooth headphones. Cheap, can hear your surroundings and not obstrusive.
    Wear skull candy in the ear phones when on a plane and ambient noise is high. They connect with a slim wire.

4. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I use 1mm black accessory cord with a multiple overhand sliding knot (look for the tutorial on YouTube) at each end.

I also include a nano-size McGizmo stainless steel gate clip to attach the lanyard to my dog tag necklace.

The small small diameter cord and the dark color keeps the lanyard low-profile; particularly when I drape it behind my neck.

This setup has functioned quite well at preventing the loss of my Bluetooth earbuds.

#4 0dBm, Jan 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  5. Technicolor

Gee thanks that's so helpful

6. A.B.

A.B. Loaded Pockets

I just don't get it. Buy wireless ear buds and then make your own wire, because otherwise you lose them. Just buy a pair with wires. Do you just buy that stuff because advertising tells you to, or do you think for yourself?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

7. Technicolor

Hm, that's a really good idea for how to do the loops. I would like some kind of braid in between though, just for the sake of fun :)

8. Technicolor

No, I bought them because they were a lot cheaper than the wired alternative I was looking at. But for all you know they could have been a gift, so why would you insult me like that? Why don't you just refrain from posting if you aren't able to help.

mrjam3s and rodia77 like this.