Separate names with a comma.
Are you a current member with account or password issues?
Please visit following page for more information
Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by microbe, Apr 1, 2013.
Nice to still see you here from time to time, Bro!
Thanks Anti. Even with ups and downs, old habits die hard.
Hope all's well on the other side of the Alps
Pic needed elsewhere. 6 Year old Jim Beam Black and Black Lionsteel SR2. I added my wife's hand-blown Swedish crystal candle holder next to it and meticulously placed all elements for dramatic light effect. Unfortunately, the pic is slight grainy as it's getting dark. Good thing, when the glass will be empty, I won't care anymore.
On another note: I planted a tree today
A dwarf Mandarin tree.
A toast to trees. Fruit trees in especial.
The keyring one. My most abused black Alox, custom made Minichamp, with the logo on the same side as it's bigger brothers.
Usefull stuff today:
Maui Jim sun shades, Suunto Core on Leatherman Tread strap, Victorinox black Solo, Brass Rotring Lava coated ballpoint.
EDC and coffee table.
Gearpatrol currently has a feature about men's coffee table. The article was all good and well, the coffee table being the centerpiece of the living space, for drinks, snacks, remotes for audio and video, some magazines, general stuff for conversational inspiration. Still, they forgot about men's toys and ECD.
As there is a thread for EDC and coffee, I extended it a little to include the table.
Table features: White lacquered table with 2 inner levels separated by a glass shelve + table top
Lower level: Box with some spare edc items; Some magazines; Wood tray with chargers and cables for various electronics and 2 720gr Jeu de Boules balls to do exercises for my frozen shoulder; Samsung TAB 7.2 Tablet.
Glass shelve: Tobacco box; Remotes for TV, DVD and receiver; fly squatter;
Table top: Teak bowl with various flashlights, knives, multi-tools, and keys; Laptop for keeping up with the forum and any other digital stuff; Coffee mug from Granada; Back to paper notebook, Parker Vector rollerball; Spyderco Manix 2 XL; and glass pot with a baby Cymbidium Orchid in gel pearls.
Top view of the EDC bowl with various handy gear:
Nice pic (and knife). I've got an Orrefors candle holder, as well. Might try to borrow your composition, if that's Ok. I don't imbibe, however--so that at least guarantees that I'll have to provide a modicum of originality.
Borrow as much as you like my friend.
How do you like the LM Tread?
After around a month wearing it daily as a watch strap, this is what I think of it:
- it's a great watch strap
- none of the screws came loose, so my watch stayed on my arm, where it is supposed to be
- so far, the black coating is not damaged at all
- weight (it feels heavy at first) is not an issue
- it did not tear any clothes, or more important, any of my skin
- it opens beer caps very well
- the cutter works fine
- it squeaks and rattles
- the only fabric it catches on is the Pertex of my TNF jacket and vest (lucky it's Ripstop, no damage so far)
- it won't fit on the new Suunto Traverse, so it is kind of keeping me from picking that one up
- I doubt I would wear it a lot as a bracelet only, it's large
- it's an expensive watch strap, I could have bought a nice knife
- I did not use it on a single screw, I always seem to have better drivers on hand. I guess one day I will be caught without a SAK (maybe on a plane?), and then this tool-bracelet-watch-strap will save the day and give me bragging rights of epic proportions
- I did not take this motherf***ing Tread on a motherf***ing plane yet, so I can't say if it is TSA approved.
- I like it
would I recommend
Thanks for the short review.
It makes a very impressive watch strap.
Al Andalus. Memories of Marrakech, Morrocan mint tea, and a Spanish olive wood scale Navaja.
And the farmer continued to plough
That is one pretty navaja! Always loved the design, and this one is just gorgeous!
Has been a while... welcome back my friend !
Happy Halloween guys!
I want to go trick or treating at your house. Trick or Shot!