1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Messenger bag time

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by austindavis1989, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Scored the waterproof on a 50% off sale. I use it for travel. In the picture there is a Carhart artic vest and my giant puffy down jacket. Great for travel.

The exact reason I use the swig everyday. Cut the stupid bottle opener off and it is good to go.

No zipper troubles and I own 4 timbuk2 products. I don't know??

2. julioroman

julioroman Loaded Pockets

Plus 1 on the Half Mass and Mini Mass bags. They are great. I've had a halfmass messenger for years and its been a great go to for carrying around a laptop to and from a business environment.

3. austindavis1989

austindavis1989 Loaded Pockets

while i appreciate the help from everyone who recommended timbuk2, if I wanted timbuk2 i would of mentioned them in my original considerations. I am familiar with their quality of work , but there designs just dont work for me. They just dont have enough organization for me. I do appreciate the thought though

4. the1stshot

the1stshot Loaded Pockets

Has anyone mentioned the ITS Tactical / Zulu messenger bag? Pricey but bulletproof. I'll try and post pictures of mine later today.

5. Haubitz

Haubitz Loaded Pockets

Please do.

6. BullRome

BullRome Loaded Pockets

I have 2 Timbuk2 bags and am happy with them. However, I find your statement regarding organization to be true. While I love the bags and find them to be of high quality, there are some changes I would like to see in the area of pockets and organization. I like pockets! What can I say!

7. the1stshot

OK.... quick run down. (Sorry for the overexposed pictures - iPhone camera) Closed the bag has a large Velcro area (4"X15") for whatever patches your heart desires. Small pocket below (5"X8" in V shape) is perfect for pens and other small items. Above Velcro is long zipper to access inside pockets without having to open flap. This was a big selling point to me. There are also two side pockets, each large enough to hold a Nagalene bottle.

[​IMG]

Inside of flap is a large map pocket. Two large side-by-side pockets have a drawbridge to restrict opening if desired.

[​IMG]

Inside each of the pockets is plenty of storage with pockets of various sizes. The right one is supposed to hold a med kit (mine is at work right now - I need a second one).

[​IMG]

There is a large Velcro-lined pocket with included holster. Pictured is a Glock 22.

[​IMG]

There is a large compartment for books and behind that, a padded area for a laptop.

[​IMG]

Below is the ITS Store page with much better pictures and a youtube video.

http://www.itstactical.com/store/discreet-messenger-bag-gen-2/

8. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

I'm sure the Rickshaw bags are made well, but they are just so fugly. I picture a tween with green hair and ripped jeans running around with one.

9. irishaj

irishaj Loaded Pockets

How in the world did you get a new ITS bag??? I have been trying to get a hold of one of these for a long time now!!! any suggestions on acquiring one???

10. Schuey2002

Schuey2002 Loaded Pockets

That ITS bag is sweet!

But it's way more money than I would ever spend on a shoulder bag. The same goes for the Emdom TNT bags..

11. malraux72

malraux72 Loaded Pockets

here's mine under bright lights, and flash. It's ok if you think mine is ugly. It's just that "messenger bag" brings to mind this kind of bag.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

Great Bag!! Who makes them ?

12. the1stshot

I bought it as soon as they released Gen2. Lucky to have grabbed it as they sold out very quickly.

13. 16VGTIDave

16VGTIDave Loaded Pockets

Wow. Nice bag. But is it really $350+ nice?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

14. the1stshot

I feel yes, for a variety of reasons. I did a little research on Zulu. Couldn't find a negative review. Everything is absolutely bulletproof and well thought out. American made. Not covered in MOLLE and it doesn't scream tactical.

15. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

16. malraux72

malraux72 Loaded Pockets

Bloke,
    thnx. The bag is awesome! Can you post a shot of the back?
    m

17. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

Just got home from work and saw your post

Cheers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I showed pics of this bag to my local saddlery and he said he could make me one in all leather.
    The only thing I would change about this bag would be having the shoulder strap attatched to the sides instead of the back.

If you saw this bag in person you would understand how robust it is. It will outlive me :)

18. malraux72

malraux72 Loaded Pockets

Fantastic ! They do not make things like this anymore...... Great bag !!!!!!! You ever see it on sale somewhere let me know. Would trade my original Corso bag for it in a second...
    Thnx I really appreciate it . You got an impeccable taste Bloke.
    m

19. Bloke

Bloke Loaded Pockets

Cheers man :thumbsup:

If you print my pics out and take 'em to pretty much any saddle maker or leather worker I'm 100% sure they could make you one for a reasonable price.

I don't use mine much anymore due to my need for stabilizer straps to stop the bag flapping around in the wind on my motorcycle.

But I'll never sell it coz I know it's a quality item.

No Velcro. No zippers. No magnetic latches. Just good old fashioned heavy duty materials and stitching, in earthy colours. No :censored: :)

20. aurora889

aurora889 Loaded Pockets

Hi,

Did anyone got the ITS discreet messenger lately?