1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Medication Bag

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by Ram Man, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Ram Man

Ram Man Loaded Pockets

As always, turn to EDC Forums for opinions & recommendation - some advice I even follow. I've recently been given a collection of medication & a glucose meter that will need to travel with me. Looking for something better than stuffing into my toiletries bag and I stumbled upon this Medication Travel Bag.

Need something reasonably sized that I can toss into my Rush 12 when I hit the road.

Other ideas are welcomed and encouraged!

TIA

2. Gandalf

Gandalf Loaded Pockets

I use an Exped First Aid Drybag in my Rush 12, it comes in two sizes. I think the larger size would fit your needs. I moved from a rigid pouch to a DryBag as I was finding the rigid pouches were taking up too much space in the Rush 12, and they had too much empty space within them. Whereas the dry bag can be molded to whatever space it occupies. Also, it's waterproof, very durable... 2 years of daily use and still going strong, and it can be identified very easily.

3. volvoboy

volvoboy Loaded Pockets

I like the bag, but I would wonder if it will take up more space than is needed. I'd also be concerned about having the pill bottles suspended by the elastic and whether the pills would have too much movement in the bottles and deteriorate.

4. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Neat design but necessary?

5. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Nearly all compressed-powder pills will do that when you shake em enough. Fluff up a piece of cotton wool or two and jam it in there.

volvoboy likes this.
  6. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have completly gone away from pill bottles and pill fobs, just regular walking has turned alot of pills into powder for me. The blister packs dont have this problem.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

volvoboy likes this.
  7. Westerdutch

Westerdutch Loaded Pockets

Blister packs where available will always be the better option when compared to bottles. Even if you put some cotton wool in the bottle to stop the pills from rattling to dust you will still expose the contents of a bottle to moisture, air and possibly even grease from your hands every time you open it. Blisters do not have this issue but they are a bit more fragile, don't keep em loose in your bag or you risk puncturing the back (how bad this actually is fully depends on the medication in question but its never a good thing). Shame you cannot get everything in blisters tho....

volvoboy likes this.