1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

MCWW , Jay Does his Magic Agian.......

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Sutty33, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Sutty33

Sutty33 Loaded Pockets

First off, for those of you that do not know MCWW stands for Motor City Watch Works. Jay is a great guy and a heck of a person. I believe his grandfather started to watch shop in Detroit at the turn of the century, Jay continues this tradition. He works on, customizes, and can do most anything with the watch.
    About eight weeks ago I sent him my Hamilton Below Zero, and asked him to make a few modifications. Jay did work on another watch for me in the past so I had no qualms about sending my watch. I asked him to bead blast the watch case and bezel with the dull finish. Then I asked him to paint and re lume the hands and second hand. Of course, after the blasting the bezel he had to re lume that as well. I received the watch today, and I could not be happier. Here’s a couple pictures for your viewing pleasure

Before MCWW:

[​IMG]

After MCWW:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@Sutty33: Thanks for the intro to MCWW. I grew up in Detroit -- moved out in 1975 after college. Never heard of them - but not all that surprising. Nice to know of another long term Detroit outfit still surviving!

That work on your watch looks great.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David