1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by ppfd, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

CANNIBALdinner. I don't have the link, but it's been posted before. SBL did JSB dirty, somehow, can't recall correctly, then he had a bunch of shills come here & advertise his stuff for him. I've got 2 wallets, a tow belt, a keychain, and even a bracelet from when they were sponsoring a juvenile diabetes relay, but I've since moved on. Bullhide belts makes a MUCH higher quality wallet, stitched with upholstery thread, made out of exotic leathers, for a real good price! I'd assume their belts are just as fine, and will be buying 1 eventually. JSB is extremely busy, but maybe cowsmilk or thePlumbah could provide a link.

Urban Hermit likes this.
  2. CANNIBALdinner.

CANNIBALdinner. Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the heads up. SBL can take a hike as far as I'm concerned. I'll check the Bullhide folks out. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowman1911 likes this.
  3. Bowman1911

Bowman1911 EDC Mechanic

CANNIBALdinner. Bullhide is also made in the USA, as opposed to Mexico, if that's an option you prefer! My wallet is elephant hide, & I only paid $99 for it. I've retired all my SBL!

4. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Unfortunately, a perfect example of why you get the fee first, then let 'em advertise.

CANNIBALdinner. and thePlumbah like this.
  5. thburns

thburns Loaded Pockets

Wow, wish I would have found this thread before I bought an Anemone pouch for my camera recently. Won't make the same mistake again.

T.H.Cone likes this.
  6. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

You may have to make another mistake. I received an email (Questionnaire) a few weeks back from Maxpedition. I didn't waste my time filling it out, not going out of my way helping them. But they do intend to release Camera centric line of bags. Im very curious what they come up with. I currently use a Maxpedition Colossus for my camera bag.

g_dan likes this.
  7. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Bumped so hopefully the story doesn't get forgotten.

Still mad over how Maxpedition treated Jon.

8. K2-Kevin

K2-Kevin Loaded Pockets

Sometimes you just just have to decide to move on... Lol I should take my own advise, but this thread popped up on my iPad once again. I did purchase a few more maxpedition items recently, same great quality. Still enjoying my colossus as my camera bag, and after a year, still looking brand new!

gearheavy and T.H.Cone like this.
  9. MinistryOfTruth
    • In Omnia Paratus

MinistryOfTruth Uber Prepared

Found an old forgotte Maxperd item just the other day and realized i'd forgotten to do my no.1 mandatory customization for this brands products: cut the tags off it and trim any remnants of branding. So i did that with relish, used it for a day and remembered why it went in the mausole- err closet in the first place: it's just not good enough to lug around - even with the tags off...

victograph and thePlumbah like this.
  10. brix

brix Loaded Pockets

Well it looks like Maxpedition is conceding to liquidate it's remaining stock on its original designs like the Jumbo and going all in with the ACR lineup. Probably from an inability to protect its designs from being copied and even out done by compainies like Vanquest which is comprised of former Maxped employees.

I've heard nothing but good things about Vanquest and their improvements on the original concepted bag have been outstanding. I'm loving the Mobius 2.0. I've seen their reps at a number of trade shows and they have always been nice.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

11. quasimojo

quasimojo Empty Pockets

Made it to the end! Reading this was like climbing a mountain!

Redneck Bear and Eskerbillion like this.