1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Typhoon Gearslinger, anybody use one?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Decypher Down, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Decypher Down

Decypher Down Empty Pockets

Hey I'm looking at picking up one of these and wondering if any of you have any experience with one and what you think about it. I would probably use it for both EDC stuff and for carrying some folders and notebooks in for school, which brings me to my next question--is it big enough to carry some notebooks, folders in? I'm not looking to carry every book I have for school or something I understand it is on the smaller side, but can you fit some folders and notebooks and stuff in the main compartment? OK, well if you have any input for my I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

2. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've been using one for a few weeks now. Still in the evaluation process, but it's doing a fine job so far carrying clothing, paperbacks, food, two liters of water and other miscellaneous items. I'll fill it with some old textbooks and a binder tomorrow, see how it feels, and post my observations here.

3. marvin

marvin Empty Pockets

I've had one for about 3 months now, the overall quality is great as should be expected from any Maxped. product. I've used it to carry:

- my macbook and it's accessories (power cords, mouse, external hdd)
    - 2 moleskin sketch books
    - drawing pen/marker case
    - bottle of water
    - ipod + headphones
    - doug ritter fak and psk
    - mini mag light
    - 1" 3 ring binder
    - leatherman wave
    - and a few small misc. items.

It shoulders the load well and I've found it comfy to wear around due to the padded back and wide shoulder strap, though like most messenger style bags if you're wearing it for an extended amount of time the load on your shoulder starts to get uncomfortable. But overall I really like it for carrying my day to day things around on campus.

4. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

In a word yes, it will carry what your asking. I had one and sold it I just could not get the hang of the single sholder strap system. If this had 2 shoulder straps, I'd stand up and call it the best little EDC pack on the market!! Maxpedition has discountinued the Typhoon saddly. I looked into getting shoulder straps made for it but, the cost would have been more than I had in the pack.

Maxpedtion make us a 2 strap Typhoon!! ;D

5. 1stcavmp77

1stcavmp77 Loaded Pockets

thankfully it can still be found for sale many places on the net.

6. Clead

Clead Loaded Pockets

I just bought one here to use as a light-duty daddy bag. I'm still configuring it, but it looks like it's going to be nearly perfect.

7. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

I used one for 2 years really good bag just switched to a MALAGA as an EDC and keep my work stuff in a CountyComm BOB
    Jester02k

8. dirtbuster

dirtbuster Empty Pockets

Didn't hear Jack Bauer complain so I guess it must be good........ :laugh: