1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Sitka Gearslinger and color

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by goosefraba, Oct 26, 2012.

?

Which color?

1. Foliage

55.0%
  2. Khaki-foliage

45.0%
  1. goosefraba

goosefraba Empty Pockets

Hey guys, I have been looking for a good EDC bag to ask for for Christmas, and I think I have settled on the Maxpedition Sitka gearslinger. The only question I have is what color I should get and what other kinds of gear/equipment I should ask for as far as building a good EDC bag and a good BOB gradually. I'm kind of new to this whole "survivalist" kind of thing so I am looking for some education. Regarding the color question, the only reason I ask is because I am stuck between the foliage green and the khaki-foliage color. I am about to graduate from school and commission, so I am just curious if the khaki-foilage would look silly if wearing the bag in uniform, or if I am just over thinking it. I am also worried about accessories/pouches for the bag not matching the foliage or khaki completely if I get the khaki-foliage color (since I've seen a comparison on this forum of the foliage pouches not matching the foliage on the bag).

I know that was a lot of info/questions, and I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but if anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

MartialServantofGod likes this.
  2. KAMM
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

I dig the foliage myself. But that's just me. I've got a black sitka s-type. A very good chose for lighter carry. :)

As far as what should go in your bag? Staple items in my bag are:
    -First Aid Kit(Adventure Medical)
    -Gloves
    -back ups to all my pocket gear
    -change pouch
    -batteries for all my flashlights. :)

I hope I helped!

3. wave180

wave180 Loaded Pockets

Foliage for me, but I would check the OD green first. Adding additional pouches to the Sitka will add up to the weight which might me uncomfortable for a single shoulder bag if worn for few hours.

4. goosefraba

goosefraba Empty Pockets

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys, I think I'm going to go with the foliage. Wave- yeah I understand it's meant to be a lightweight bag, I wasn't really planning on maxing it out with pouches and stuff, just one or two at the max.

5. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

I have the khaki foliage .. My favorite color combo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Redleg22

Redleg22 Loaded Pockets

Look into your regs as far as wearing a one strap sling pack like that in uniform. What branch are you commissioning into? I left active duty (Army) in 2009 and those types were a no go. It might have changed since then.