1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Rollypoly

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Warfusion, Oct 30, 2012.

1. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

Ok I wore it on belt a couple of days. You have to open it to get a belt through it (at least when its new) I gotta fashion some type of belt clip onto it, cause I need to be able to take it off/on don't wanna wear it all day, just on jobs I know I need the extra space. If I can't figure out a quicker attachment, its going on the side of the Rush 12

Warfusion likes this.
  2. Danger: Wildman

Danger: Wildman Loaded Pockets

I have the mini, i love it! its nice because you can use it for junk or a water bottle. It also folds up really nicely so it does not get in the way when not in use.

fmf1854 and Warfusion like this.
  3. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

I use a TT Rollup Dump Bag for an extra storage bag. For an extra $2, it is a little larger than the regular Maxped bag, (2.5" taller, circumference is 3" larger) and has a closure sleeve. About the same price as their Mega. (which still lacks the top closure.)

Comes in real handy on my belt when working on my roof, fewer trips. Lives on my Rush24 as extra space.

Warfusion likes this.
  4. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I have one of the big ones, jumbo I think, figured if I was spending the money I'd get the big boy. I used some malice clips to attach it to my car bag. Comes in handy when I spend a long day at the range or trap shooting for brass, shotgun hulls, mags, whatever. In hindsight, I think a smaller one might prove more useful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

5. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

Ok new update time.

Right now its just a glorified plastic bag that I hand carry everywhere. My task today is to make it work better for me (its raining & a Sunday nothing else to do)

It is carrying my maxped mini, two wallets, my phone wall charger, a spare set of camp keys I haven't put back in my main pack yet, my samsung galaxy, a few dollar bills I threw in there from my truck, loose change, and pack of smokes.

Basically its a edc junk bag of stuff I dont want to keep in my R12 for quicker access :eek: and not a great one

Sent from my Mobile Command Center via Tapatalk II

6. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

I've used my RollyPoly to hold radios, water bottles, loose tools, small parts, and even food on occasion. It's a great little piece of kit to have at the ready when you need an extra place to put things, but don't want a big old pouch hanging off your gear all the time. Done with it? Just roll it back up and get on with your day.

It's a mainstay on my current "Bat Belt" setup, which is a pistol belt I use to quickly don and doff gear I want to carry, but don't want attached to my trouser belt constantly.

7. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

I think I need a Bat Belt

Sent from my Mobile Command Center via Tapatalk II

8. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

Update:
    I'm getting a TB Copilot to keep all this in but this has been the life of my rollypoly since last update ^ basically a pouch to carry pistol +extra holster. I usually don't carry the screwdriver in there, I simply wanted to show it could be done. If I omit the media case two packs of smokes would be in its place

I never got around to rigging a handle for this, just use the pull tab.
    It would be nice if it had one, specially when the mini is attached

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. TheBoyScout22
    • In Omnia Paratus

TheBoyScout22 Loaded Pockets

Does anyone know if the mini rollypoly will hold a 32 oz. Nalgene sitting in a GSI Glacier cup?

10. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

I zip-tied one to the strap of my Timbuk2 messenger. I use it in the summer for bottles of water, in the winter to hold my gloves/hat. My bag is set up the way I like, and the hat and gloves makes access to stuff more difficult. Also, water bottles sweat, and I dont want my stuff in the bag getting wet.

11. nextmayor

nextmayor Empty Pockets

I've got 3 or 4 of the mediums. A couple are for use as a dump pouch, but I liked them so much, I added one to a couple of my favorite bags and packs. Personally I haven't had the floppy issue a lot are talking about (or it doesn't bother me). I've got all of mine mounted with MALICE clips.

As for the actual use, two are used as a pouch for empties, my EDC ones are just in case I need some extra room.

12. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

No worries with a 32oz nalgene - there is plenty of room
    I dont know about the cup though, i will try my 700ml snowpeak mug and get back to you

13. sirwillett
    • In Omnia Paratus

sirwillett Loaded Pockets

I just ordered a mini to try out.

14. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

I need to pick up a mini/medium one of these days. Switched to all black bags, so my khaki mega might look a bit odd, plus I could go for a smaller size anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

15. Akilae

Akilae Loaded Pockets

I liked 5.11 iteration of the folding dump pouch better. Lighter fabric and better folding method so it laid flatter.

16. Bullivant

Bullivant Loaded Pockets

I want to know the exact same thing. So, x2.

Semper Paratus, Semper Vigilans.

17. TheBoyScout22
    • In Omnia Paratus

TheBoyScout22 Loaded Pockets

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

18. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

I tried the 700ml snowpeak TI mug in my rollypoly
    It does NOT fit.

The bottle fits fine, with plenty of room, the mug nests on the bottle nicely, but the mug won't fit in the small rollypoly

ran23 likes this.
  19. Chorazin

Chorazin Loaded Pockets

I have the Condor Roll Up pouch on the side of my GR1, and I really love it. Rolls up out of the way but unfolds into a huge bag. Dirt cheap on Amazon too, and shockingly well made!

20. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I could not get my Glacier cup into my Mini Roly Poly. Very tight fit on last years Jumbo pocket. Operator has a giant pocket. It's a great idea, too bad things are not made for it.