1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Pygmy Falcon 2

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by W-D, Sep 26, 2014.

1. W-D

W-D Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have one? I might soon, anyone wanna talk me out of it? ;)

I got a compact Swissgear backpack about three years ago, it was ordered online and returner to the store and put on the shelves at about 75% off, twelve bucks well spent. But now I'm looking to upgrade and I really like the look of the Pygmy falcon. Thoughts? Experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. freddy russo
    • In Omnia Paratus

freddy russo Loaded Pockets

I had one but I won't talk you outta it. I'll talk you into it. It's a fairly good quality smaller pack! Definatly well worth the money.
    [​IMG]

Dedrich likes this.
  3. Pete3

Pete3 Loaded Pockets

I had one and used it edc for about a year - year and half. Its a pretty cool bag, i put a frame sheet in mine and it made it much better imo, the back panel is too floppy. It help up great though,

4. kwik9

kwik9 Empty Pockets

I have the the less expensive version of this bag (Red Rock Outdoor Gear Summit backpack ), and it has been a great EDC bag for me.

5. sarge1967

sarge1967 Loaded Pockets

I have had two but sold one. I don't EDC it in the summer time. I just don't carry that much stuff in the summer. I do use it in the winter though. I also use it for a woods bumming bag.
    They are a quality made pack. Material is a bit stiff until you break it in a bit as with all Maxpedition stuff.

6. W-D

W-D Loaded Pockets

Awesome, thanks guys. Ordering today if the coupon code works, if not then on Friday:) been excited to get a larger maxped product since getting two micros. Think I need to two day ship this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. KDOG08

KDOG08 Loaded Pockets

I had one a long time ago... I gotta say it was probably the best small pack I owned besides the CamelBaK milspec HAWG I own now.

8. RBid

RBid Loaded Pockets

I have one. I don't use it for EDC, but it gets a lot of use and works great for me. I've purposed it as an overnight bag and kind of a support system. It's always where I sleep when I'm there, or in my car during the day.

Whether I get a "come stay the night" call from my lady, experience a break down far from home, or get stuck at work overnight (has happened before with an alarm issue), it has everything I need to stay warm, fed, and entertained overnight.

I love the bag. Built very well, and has a lot of open space to work with. I love that it carries 2 fat Nalgene bottles. The only weak design point is a relative lack of organization for small items. I've solved that with a Maxpedition EDC Organizer that I carry in my EDC bag and can move to my PF2.

If you don't carry it every day, it's not every day carry.

9. downtown

downtown Loaded Pockets

Here's my Pygmy
    [​IMG]

10. Spyke

Spyke Loaded Pockets

Carried one for a couple of years. Much as I don't like their practices, they make a good product....after two years of daily use it still looks new, really takes a beating. I will second the need for a frame sheet makes all the difference. Decent organization but could use more. Clamshell opens all the way which is nice. It's slim which is nice but makes it small. I never really cared for the Y strap. The second zipper only opens from one side which always bugged me.

I switched to a Northface Recon for added size.

11. black71label

black71label Loaded Pockets

What frame sheet were you guys using?

12. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

It is my current EDC as well. Great setup!

13. Spyke

Spyke Loaded Pockets

Took one from another bag and cut it down. Had an aluminum frame stay too. Had to cut it and stitch on a new "pocket." Any thin flexible plastic should do the trick. Check out a sign shop they probably have something that will work. A piece of lexan might even do it. Just be sure the corners rounded and sand all the edges so they are not sharp.

Moco and ran23 like this.
  14. Yablsnibs

Yablsnibs Loaded Pockets

15. downtown

downtown Loaded Pockets

Yablsnibs, what Maxpedition item is that attached to the back on the left in the pic? Looks like it has a velcro closure.

16. MangeD700
    • In Omnia Paratus

MangeD700 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I bet it´s a
    Maybe a Horizontal cellphone pouch....

17. Moco

Moco Loaded Pockets

Volta pouch

18. Powrstroke6.0

Powrstroke6.0 Loaded Pockets

I just picked one up and loving it so far. Replaced my rush 12 for edc, and it is great. It leaves a smaller footprint than the r12, and much easier to handle everyday.