1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Neatfreak Review

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by Dutchie_27, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Dutchie_27

Dutchie_27 Empty Pockets

Since there aren't much reviews and pictures of the Neatfreak in action, here's my view on the Neatfreak:
    (No I won't go through all the spec's you can use google for that. This is a review!)

How I carry it:
    As a EDC bag, with everything in it that I need.
    It's a companion never to far away. It's small and easy enough to grab and carry it everywhere, yet big and complete enough to literally have everything you need at hand!
    I can't believe there's so little on the web about this bag! Sure a backpack can carry more, and a pocket organizer is easier to chuck in your jeans or so. But this bag, strange things need to happen for me to change!

What I carry in it:
    - iPad Mini
    - Personal and work documents
    - LedLenser M7R
    - Leatherman Surge including all it's accessories
    - Keypouch
    - a total of 9 pens and markers!
    - Moleskin
    - Stanley Adjustable Wrench/Spanner 200mm
    - Eden 106 Pocketknife
    - Eden 102 Pocketknife
    - a tube of electrical solder tin
    - Torch/lighter for soldering and paracord work
    - Bic lighter (since they're indestructible!)
    - Zippo for windy occasions and showing off of course
    - Spare AAA & AA batteries
    - Insulation tape
    - a card with ducttape
    - Lip balm
    - Spare battery pack for my phone
    - Bandana
    - Earplugs
    - Tic tweezers, you never know when those buggers show up...
    - Chewing gum
    - Boker Plus VOX Acces Tool
    - a couple of Nite-Ize S-Biners
    - Lots of paracord
    - Thermal blanket, latex gloves and basic first aid stuff.
    And I’m sure I forgot to add a couple of contents in the list above!:unsure:

Pro's and Con's:
    - Size!
    Yes, its the pro and the con, Its too big for a pocket organizer, to small to serve you as a backpack replacement.
    But It's so perfect and complete! As you can see, It's backed with all sorts of randomness
    - Pockets
    A definite pro! as the name suggests; its so neat, no matter where you stuff your stuff!
    - Quality
    Maxpedition built quality; should say enough. Feels so durable!

Would I recommend this bag?
    Ofcourse it all depends on your needs, and since the world wide web is packed with people either buying and reviewing pocket organizers or backpacks, I'm not sure if theres a big market for these bags.
    But I always found my backpack to be a overkill for a weekday, and a pocketorganiser way to small, so I ended up with a backpack wasting loads of space and it was a mess completely unorganized!

The Neatfreak has been my daily companion since the day I bought it!
    Wether I'd recommend this bag to YOU? As I said, 100% personal choice. If you can relate to my problems with backpacks and organizers? Buy yourself one today!
    If you just love the extra space you've got in a backpack, well there's your answer, buy a backpack!

Pictures:
    PS: I have the front flap flipped out, as Maxped intended it to be, but It looks a lot less bulky stuffed inside the mesh pocket. Again I'd like you to use a search engine like google :bounce: if you want to know what that looks like!

Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

Side:
    [​IMG]

Opened 1:
    [​IMG]

Opened 2:
    [​IMG]

"Intestines" :hot: Haha, Ok not really, but I kind of like that word, gives it a "living" touch:
    [​IMG]

Let me know what your experiences are with this bag, and if you've got any tips using it on a day to day basis help me out! Hints and Tips are always welcome!

AlgoOPC, Nick4305 and D.vink like this.
  2. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

I've got one, I use it at work.
    It's not bad, but I've always felt that it was just a little too small.
    If they added 1" to all the dimensions it'd be much better.
    Also make the double covered pockets into pistol mag pouch size to hold multi tools or a torch.
    Shoulder strap needs to be longer too.

victograph, jdindadell and Kilian like this.
  3. rolland

rolland Loaded Pockets

you do managed to fit a few in there:)

Dutchie_27 likes this.
  4. OregonEMT

OregonEMT Loaded Pockets

Surprised you got all of that in there. Not bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. panzer

panzer Loaded Pockets

I could never figure out how to fill one of those. Good job! It's like a puzzle!

6. TangoSixFive

TangoSixFive Loaded Pockets

very nice review. I have one myself, which I use as a tech purse. I'll try to snap some pics later.

7. jdindadell

jdindadell Loaded Pockets

I have 2 of these. One is wolf grey and looks very nice. The other is foliage and has been lightly modded to remove some of the webbing on the back and the molle and Velcro on the front. I was trying to set it up as a small outdoors organizer to be placed in a larger pack. However it just did not function well to hold the variety of small items. I tried to use a larger vanquest maximizer to handle the small stuff but it just took up too much room. I just could not make it work.

Then I fell into a very good deal on a moab 6. I removed the strap from the back as I never intended to carry it that way. It is slightly bigger than the neatfreak in a directions and has better interior organization for my uses. I plan to pack a lightweight shoulder strap so I could be carried by itself.

I pan to sell the neatfreaks, I wanted to like then but they just fell short for my needs.

8. Nevada

Nevada Loaded Pockets

I have a suggestion for you. Replace the adjustable wrench with a Knipex Pliers-Wrench, Model
    86 03 125

[​IMG]

The Pliers-Wrench may be a little bit bigger, but it is FAR more useful. P-Ws stay tight on the fastener, unlike adjustable wrenches that always loosen up.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@Dutchie_27 : In the 'back' photo, what is that vertically mounted item, the one with black/white lanyard?

Moshe ben David

10. Dutchie_27

Dutchie_27 Empty Pockets

A while back I saw my fotos were scrambled and guess what! I found my pictures again!

Yes those pliers are great! I’ve used similar ones while working, but haven’t acquired one myself yet. (I definitely should)

I must add I’ve changed a lot since, but to make the first story complete again, here come the pics:
    Ps, Moshe, the thing on the back is a bit of paracord that i made with navy blue and glow in the dark cord.
    Pps the pictures below might not be all or slightly different than i posted 1,5 years ago but hope its clear ;)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk