1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Monkey Admin Pouch

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Kopfgeist, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Kopfgeist

Kopfgeist Loaded Pockets

Hello Friends,

i ordered the Maxped Monkey Admin Pouch yesterday. Now I would like to know where YOU carry it on, and what you have in it.
    Please show me your MMAP Pictures ;D

I will post pictures in a view days !

2. turnsouth

turnsouth Loaded Pockets

I carry mine in one side of the laptop pocket of my Rush Delivery Messenger Bag. I use it for admin items only (pad, pens, pencil, scissors, etc...), this way when someone that I'm with needs a pen or something, I can just hand the pouch to them, and the rest of my EDC stays in the bag. I use the map pocket for when we are traveling, or at amusement parks and malls to hold the layout and local maps.

It also holds spare Velcro patches.

Here is the cover, just a holding place for the extra patches I can rotate to my bag as I'm in the mood:

[​IMG]

The front pocket with a cashier sized Moleskine in it:

[​IMG]

And the back pocket with a Sharpie, highlighter, Leatherman Squirt PS4, Zebra F-701, and a M-301 pencil:

[​IMG]

The rest is empty, and used depending on what I need given the circumstance I'll be using it in. Additional items would be: tickets, passes, ID, etc...

3. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

not quite the monkey admin, but i have a m2 waistpack which goes on my belt and holds gloves, pens and dextrose tablets. on the belt i have a radio and an attack alarm / assistance call button.

4. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

sorry i dont have pictures for you, i orginally bought my maxP adm pouch to be used as a small tool bag,, im not working that job these days, so lately i use it to store pens, pencils writing pads stapler and other things i need at my work,, sometimes i just carry it in hand. other times i just pop it inside my bag or back pack,, every now and then i have attached it to the outside of my bag or backpack.. handy little pouch to have

5. jcw122

jcw122 Loaded Pockets

It's useful, but honestly it bulks up fast. I store batteries, Leatherman Wave, bits, and other stuff in it.

6. fl_vgren

fl_vgren Loaded Pockets

These two is my ones...
    what I have in them and how I carry them.enjoy

[video=youtube;hsFMIYVxrWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsFMIYVxrWU&list=UU10VFzkzHwACFvpPQAoAJQQ&feature=plcp[/video]
    [video=youtube;gDdrnD4jJ3A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDdrnD4jJ3A&list=UU10VFzkzHwACFvpPQAoAJQQ&feature=plcp[/video]

7. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

Look ok but i have no need for one,no lOnger going to fall into the that looks so cool i need it ,them try to find stuff to fill it .
    So many maxped stuff looks feel great but when it comes to application hard to find a use for.

Only good if you see them & think thats just what ive needed for X

8. Lightleak

Lightleak Loaded Pockets

The opposite is the case for me: I have used the monkey admin pouch for many different things, and that is exactly why I like it. I have used it as an "entertainment" bag (for example to take on bord planes, longer bus drives etc) with mp3 player, (a psp back then), cellphone, pencils and a sketchbook, anti sickness paracebos etc. I have also used it as a bag for writing accessories, like a pencilcase. I mainly use it while travelling - it then hold tickets, my wallet, a pencil, important papers, occasionally a small folding map, passport and stuff like that. The only thing I don't like about it is the massive velcro closing system - its very loud. But you can easily fix that by covering half of it with a velcro band. Yet it also has an advantage: If you attach the MMAP to a backpack (I rarely do that, but it's not bad for that purpose either) nobody can steal your pencil (or worse) without making a whole lot of noise! :)

I don't use it all the time, but I will not sell it as it comes in handy from time to time for different tasks.

Best regards!

9. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

I use the Janus in a similar way but id find the form factor to slim for my own uses,but the tickets,passport thing does sound a really good idea

10. antman157

antman157 Loaded Pockets

I am getting one for Christmas I hope ... Following thread for ideas

Looking forward to pics Kopfgeist

11. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

I had one before, sold it, and just bought another one, but it is for sale also. I had an idea on how to use it, but it didn't work like I planned.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. jkulysses

jkulysses Loaded Pockets

I'm leaning more towards the Monkey Combat Stealth Admin Pouch. Any of you guys using this version and if so how do you like it??

13. turnsouth

turnsouth Loaded Pockets

I have one, I've never used it but I've been playing with it.
    It is pretty much Velcro free, and has a lot more room, but it is about twice as thick empty as the original one. And it looks like it will really lend itself to over stuffing.

Something that has always bothered me about the original one is the amount of Velcro. Not that I mind Velcro, it's just it seems like it would be way too noisy for it's original intention. Whether for military, law enforcement, or even airsoft and paint ball, I couldn't imagine using it in a tactical situation. Just think, you're on a giant airsoft field, crouched down behind an old burnt out car, hiding from the guys that play the field 4 times a week, and you buddy says "Check the map, and see where we are", the next sound is RRRIIIIIIIPPPPPP!

Anyway, Ros has a good video on it:

[video=youtube;seRoe4Itrkk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seRoe4Itrkk[/video]

14. Glock 'em down

I thought about getting one and removing a seam in the elastic (that seperates the sections in the strip) so that my Glock 22 could fit in it like a make-shift holster.

Is the pouch tall enough for my Glock 22 to fit inside in a vertical muzzle down position?

15. turnsouth

turnsouth Loaded Pockets

It won't fit vertically, it's only 6.25" deep.

16. Glock 'em down

Thanks TS. That's what I needed to know. :)

17. pilote

pilote Loaded Pockets

one is a permanent attachment to a pygmy falcon; on the front it's a natural fit...the other is a standalone that carries different things according to my needs, especially when i travel by air...right now that one is attached to the side of a colossus which i am using as my 2nd carry-on piece...

18. turnsouth

turnsouth Loaded Pockets

This is where I think it would definitely excel. It is perfect for holding travel documents, especially if you can attach it to the outside of your carry-on.:agree: