1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Mini Pocket Organizer now available?

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Quixotica, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Heavy_Hog

Heavy_Hog Loaded Pockets

I really want to try the micro against my urban wallet which is what I use now to organize my small gear.

Come on Maxped!

2. swnh

swnh Loaded Pockets

+1. Love it...might have to order a couple more.

3. addylo

addylo Loaded Pockets

I picked one of these up a week ago and still haven't made up my mind. The size is just small enough (empty) to stuff into my jeans pocket but if I put very much in it at all that wouldn't be the case. It fits well in the leg pocket of a pair of cargo pants.

I was mainly disappointed in the build quality. The stitching isn't very even and the entire organizer is an odd-shaped rectangle. The interior liners are sewn unevenly causing them to bow. It's just not the same quality I'm used to from Maxpedition (and I own a LOT of M-gear).

I posted a "Don't like it" review on their website but of course it will never see the light of day.

4. mzil

mzil Loaded Pockets

AFMO.com, who I have never dealt with, says on their site the ETA for the Fatty EDC organizer is April. Should anyone care.

5. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

heinnie.com have added the mini, tho not in stock.

6. mzil

mzil Loaded Pockets

Got my Mini yesterday. The stitching gets an 9/10 score with only one very minor and inconsequential "imperfection". Everything is as expected with one nice addition I didn't anticipate: the fully continuous elastic band section on the right side without a center stitching down the center (which divides it in to two sections, found only on the original sized model). Here's why that can be good for some, including me, who like to really over pack these things. [Heck, if the zipper isn't busting at the seams when closed, then it's not full yet! :thumbsup: ] You can store a greater number of things that don't need individualized pockets separating them, such as these seven Sharpie pens, which is a lot, especially considering this product is smaller, not bigger, than the original design:

[​IMG]
    As I put it: "Maxpedition Mini Pocket Organizer's large section allows for a great deal of pen shaped items to be stored in its continuous large elastic section on the right, if one doesn't need individual separation between the items. There could be a tendency for the items to bunch together, I suppose, depending on how packed the pouch is, but I haven't actually tested this out in the field yet. If they do "bunch together" this may be a quite livable "defect" considering the added capacity for me, anyways. Only time will tell." [Also a stiffening plate for rigidity, such as a plastic card as thick/stiff as a CD, could be placed in the rear section, should this prove to be a problem for some.]

7. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

That looks awesome! I may try to make my own as I am on lay off and seem to have time to piddle with the sewing machine.
    Even if I fail, the price isnt bad for the Maxped.
    Thanks for sharing the info.

8. Ghillieman7

Ghillieman7 Empty Pockets

The only thing I would add or mod to this is an extenral flashlight holder. Otherwise I think it looks great.

9. rlocock

rlocock Empty Pockets

I already carry a 4"x6" notebook cover as an organiser.It is a bit on the big side,so I will wait for the micro.

10. Dafabricata

Dafabricata Loaded Pockets

The "Fatty EDC Organizer" is what I have my eye on. Hopefully it gets released soon.
    I've had the mini for a few weeks but really haven't used it much. Its sitting in the BOB stuffed with a few flashlights.

11. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Organsoon! ;D

I still fancy the micro if it ever appears.

12. NaturalMystic

NaturalMystic Loaded Pockets

Agreed. I don't understand why they couldn't all be released at the same time. I just got my black and foliage green mini pocket organizers last week. Still a little bulkier than what I'm looking for. I want something small to keep items that would otherwise sit loose in my pockets such as lip balm, contact lens drops, Zebra F301 mini, spare AAA and CR123 batteries.
    I'm still considering getting one of Bill's Urban Wallets http://www.billscustomcases.com/accessories.html or a black leather Mission Wallet http://www.bladeart.com/catalog/KnifeDisplay.aspx?MakerID=363
    I'd also like to get one of the Fatty EDC organizers.

13. Mauser

Mauser Loaded Pockets

14. tso

tso Loaded Pockets

15. NaturalMystic

NaturalMystic Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered 2 of the black Micros.

16. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

Who's got the mini in khaki? I can't find them on the bay.

17. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

Your best bet would be to post a "Wanted:" thread in the B-S-T forum. After that, there's a bunch of places that carry them. www.edcdepot.com might have them in stock, and they have decent prices and shipping.

18. willydigger

Thanks for the tip. edcdepot.com was out of stock. I contacted my preferred eBay vendor and he checked his supplies and found one. Not posted on eBay but fortunately for me in stock. It should be there when I get home today. Like I need another organizer. Now I'm looking for a Noatak for geocaching. Ugh, I have a feeling I'm going to be one of the guys with 100 backpacks!

19. Iolaus

Iolaus Loaded Pockets

Hey, could you send me a link to that dealer? I'd like to get a khaki mini as well, but the only one I can find is foliage green.

20. willydigger

The eBay vendor name is ezeedeals located in IL. The company name is B&B Global.

When I asked about it, he said he found one on the shelf and sold it to me. It can't hurt to ask. I did find some others on the web, but wanted to go to a trusted source.