1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Maxpedition Micro Pocket Organizer VS. Bill's Urban Wallet

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by freq18hz, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Jaiofspam

Jaiofspam Loaded Pockets

i spoke to him about that and to be honest, he said hes being doing business like this for several and has no problems turning down orders/losing customers who dont want to communicate directly with him via email or over the phone. all the info is there, you just gotta shoot him an email/call and talk to the guy. i can respect that. when i called him he was extremely nice, he provided me with options and pricing info. he even emailed me photos of a new material he was working with while talking to me on the phone. great guy to deal with for sure.

regarding the iphone model, the dimensions of the wallet remain the same but the 1 pocket is larger than the other to accommodate an iphone.

2. TomWelch

TomWelch Loaded Pockets

I will never deal directly with Bill again!!!

3. KB3UBW

KB3UBW Loaded Pockets

Why?

4. RacerX

RacerX Loaded Pockets

Bill is rude and doesn't give a :censored: about his customers. I personally cannot recommend him or his products anymore.

5. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

Guess the guy is just "moody," but you can put me down as never doing business with him again. I made the mistake of contacting him originally via email, asking why I couldn't find on order page on his site, and got a terse, rude reply, saying that he only did business by phone. So I call him up, mentioned that I'd sent him the email, he proceeds to chew me out for being "too stupid" to know to call first. I hung up on him.

As it turns out, a B.U.W. showed up on a B/S/T thread a few days after, and I jumped on it. But Bill never got a dime out of me, and likely won't ever.

6. xm8

xm8 Banned

Question for those who own Bill's Urban Wallet: How much does it cost?

7. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

I am at this point with him too...what an :censored:. I had sent him an email asking for a new UW. He replied and said it would be 2 weeks before any were available. After a month of not hearing anything, I sent him a few emails asking about status. His reply: "A good way to get deleted is by continually bothering me. When they are ready you will be notified." This is not my first run-in with him - he is an arrogant jerk and cares nothing about his customers.

8. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

I picked up my Bill's used so never had to deal with the "customer service" issues. I have to say that I wouldn't bother ordered one new from him the way it seems to go down.

That said, I use my Maxp Micro all the time instead these days. I keep it slim but find it useful to have more choice about what I carry in a small space.

9. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

Now I wanna go send ole Bill a email asking about a product ;)

Sent from my Mobile Command Center via Tapatalk II

10. Dizos

Dizos Loaded Pockets

I've owned two Urban Wallets, one with a custom layout. I had no problems communicating with Bill, but he is not a people-pleaser and does things his way. However after carrying the wallet in my front pocket for about a year the stitching blew out. I contacted Bill and he said that was normal wear and tear. That is not the durability I require for my EDC. I have another Mission Wallet style nylon pocket organizer (that predates Bill's offering) that was in my pocket several years prior to my Urban Wallet experience and has been in my pocket for over several years after the Urban Wallet blew out. It is still going strong. The other Urban Wallet I purchased now rides in the wife's purse and functions well for that purpose.

11. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

Would you mind sharing details on this alternative and where to get one?

12. TarHeelBrit
    • In Omnia Paratus

TarHeelBrit Loaded Pockets

+1
    :)

13. Dizos

Dizos Loaded Pockets

I believe they were small batch produced around 2004. Unfortunately they are no longer made. There was a lot of concern that the design was a rip-off of the Mission Wallet so they were not popular. I'm not sure what Bill's relationship is to that dispute but I did note that Bill claims the design is his and patented. However his offering came later.

14. nucleophilicrxn

nucleophilicrxn Empty Pockets

15. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

Likely, this one? I bought it from someone on this forum (used) but would love to get another. Or could I get someone to make one custom like this?

[​IMG]

16. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

That one looks good to me. I have a vague memory about them... would like one more that myself.

17. Dizos

Dizos Loaded Pockets

Yep that cordura one is it. The leather one is the original Mission wallet. The members name who made the cordura version was knuckleduster but he hasn't been active in 6 years.

18. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

Looking for any suggestions for any custom sewer/maker that could reproduce this. I like it better than the Urban Wallet.